Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector. Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success. What you bring to the team
- Commvault Administration
- Implement CommVault Deduplication
- IP Network, WAN and LAN free (SAN) based data backup design and configuration (familiarity)
- Data protection and backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication
- Unix and/or Windows systems administration experience
- Configuring, Maintaining NDMP backups for various NAS technologies
- Configuring, Maintaining and Troubleshooting Database Backups - Oracle, SQL, SAP, Exchange.
- Perform all chargeback estimation, provisioning, and documentation tasks in a timely manner.
- Produce regular reports for management, to assist in cost recovery, capacity planning and consolidation.
- Planning for Media rotation, Management and Offsite Movement Scheduling of New Backups/ Modifying existing Jobs
- Performing Restores Backup Monitoring and Reporting Tool Installation
- Troubleshooting Backup Failures
- Scripting / Automation of Minor Tasks.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of CommVault.
- Configuring Multiplexing, Multi-streaming and Disk Staging to optimize the Backup process.
- Administration and Optimization of Database Agents of Netbackup on Exchange, SQL Servers.
- SAN and NAS implementation of CommVault e.g., HNAS. Administration and planning contribution to Disaster Recovery with CommVault for Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Handle issues related to CommVault Catalog databases, Storage Units, Policies, De-Duplication, vStorage APIs, etc.
- Advanced Technical Skills/Proficiency:
- Very strong working knowledge of CommVault
- Thorough understanding of CommVault policy-drive backup/restore architecture and best practices.
- Well versed with configuring and maintaining CommServe, Media Agents and clients.
- Competent in configuring disaster recovery and fault tolerant features.
- Competent in configuring Storage Policies and copies for de-duplicated disk and tape libraries.
- Competent in configuring Schedules and Schedule Policies for data management and administrative functions.
- Competent in installation and configuration of Non-de-duplicated and Deduplication Media Agents in Small to Extra Large environments.
- Competent in installation and configuration of disk and tape libraries.
- Competent in installing, configuring and troubleshooting client backup/restore agents.
- Experienced in Windows and Unix/Linux server administration including routine patching in a CommVault environment.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and SAN technologies.
- Knowledgeable in CommVault firewall configuration and deployment issues.
- Knowledgeable in data center operations including handling tape library configuration and day to day operations.
- Competent in monitoring and administering CommVault daily operations including performance monitoring and resource management.
- Experienced in CommVault Maintenance Advantage incident submission and resolution.
- Experienced in CommVault upgrades, Service Pack and Hotfix deployment.
- Experienced in managing the CommServe Software Cache and Remote Caches.
- Competent in resolving file and system level restore requests.
- Knowledgeable in CommVault auditing, command line operations, logging and reporting features.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge