Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing Mandatory Skills:
Caching, CDN, etc.
AWS (or similar cloud provider) experience, including CloudFront, Simple Storage Service, etc. Role Description:
1. Review sections related to data access in existing code (code base is millions of lines of code in 100s of repos). Applications platforms are:
a. ASP .Net web apps
b. .Net Desktop apps
c. .Net Core APIs
2. For web applications:
a. Implement Content Delivery Network (CDN)
b. Optimize the use of Session
c. Tweak for performance web.confidg files and machine.config
3. Follow existing DevOps processes for getting, updating and merging code.
4. Break down work and assign to other resources. Review and evaluate all work completed by other team members.
5. Use existing build scripts to build and deploy applications.
6. Support QA team in completing testing
7. Integrate into current pipeline for Acceptance and Release.
8. Identify any apparent issues with existing code.
For this role we need to have to a resource who is able to:
1. Work closely with client teams specially for the first few weeks to establish a reliable process for updating code base.
2. Attend recurring meetings e.g. daily stand-ups, status meeting, etc.
3. Respond in a timely manner to client queries and requests.
4. Attend ad-hoc meetings when required.
5. All work can be completed remotely. As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is: $100k-$135k base + Bonus+ Benefits The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge