HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Health and Safety Advisor- Managment System who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, ON.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Ensure identification and resolution of the interfaces of depot equipment and service vehicles with the main subsystems (e.g.
- Develop, Implement, maintain, and continually improve an ISO 45001 H&S Management System for the project that maintains internal conformance to the Global Business Management System and external conformance to ISO 45001 as demonstrated by internal and external audits;
- Ensure relevant GBMS needs are identified, implemented and that the compliance is maintained within GBMS,
- Promote the H&S Awareness and engagement from both leaders and employees establishing policies and strategies according to ISO Standards and GBMS requirements;
- Develop and maintain the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment, and control evaluation for the project;
- Identify legislative and other requirements through the keeping of a Legal and Other Requirements Register, working with the project team to maintain compliance
- Establish and manage a project Legal and Other Requirements Inspection, H&S Inspection, and an Internal Auditing Program;
- Establish and maintain the external auditing program for H&S in conformance with global requirements;
- Lead to the identification of areas for improvement of HSE performance in the project according to ISO 45001 and GBMS expectations turning those areas for improvement into actionable objectives and targets Support the engagement of resources in H&S, defining roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in the Major Entity.
- Monitor HSE performance and generate an annual HSE Review in accordance with ISO 45001 and GBMS Procedures;
- Oversee the collection of HSE metrics and benchmarking data;
- Support engagement of the project team through H&S Communication, Participation and Consultation;
- Schedule and coordinate annual management review meetings for the project
- Support the development of and completion of Corrective Action Plans and Continual Improvement Plans for nonconformities and opportunities for improvement identified.
- Support the implementation of the management of change process for the project
- Support recordkeeping and corrective action planning resulting from incident event investigations
Required Skills and Experience:
- From 5-7 Years of H&S experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM Field or an Associates in Occupational Safety and Health
- Experience implementing programs and policies within 45001 Certified Organizations and/or Provincial Certificate of Recognition Programs
- Experience developing and implementing internal auditing programs
- Experience developing and implementing site safety programs
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements standards and regulations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism while in the field.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
- A valid non-probationary Ontario Class “G” or equivalent driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
- Ability to travel internally and internationally
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in Rail Construction of Turnkey Projects
- Experience in large-scale, industrial, joint-venture Construction Projects in Ontario, Canada
- Lead ISO 45001 Auditor Certification
- Experience with Human and Organizational Performance Management techniques
- Master’s Degree in an Occupational Safety and Health Discipline
- Accreditation by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Board of Certified Safety Professionals as a Certified Safety Professional
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/