BaaS Technical Consultant
BaaS is an enterprise grade managed data protection service including backup on-prem and on public clouds' data for an enterprise account. The Hitachi BaaS service includes integrated infrastructure and software in 2 data centers connecting to the diversity of production platforms and applications in within the enterprise, the connection and virtual infra structure on public clouds, and the processes and tools to manage the BaaS service.
Technical Consultant is a key role in the provision of the service with responsibility for ongoing fulfillment of service requests, monitoring and adjusting backups to maintain their health and support in remediation backup failures as well as performing restorations during incidents or to pass audits (operation). Apart from operation, regular patching, daily health check and problem resolution on infrastructure environment is part of the responsibility as well.
• Support enterprise backup / restore administration.
• Perform administration and monitoring on all on-prem infrastructure platforms.
• Perform administration and monitoring on AWS and Azure Cloud platform.
• Perform Backup management tasks, policy management, installation and configuration of backup agents on various client platforms.
• Ensure all Backup systems provide highest commitment to operational standards and controls.
• Must have experience in large environment backup and restoration capabilities.
• Experience with Enterprise Backup environments (e.g. Commvault)
as well as VMware, Oracle, MS SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, M365 and NDMP backups is an advantage
• 3 years of experience with different OS platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, Sun Solaris
• Experience in networking and storage technologies is a plus
• Must have experience with provisioning support in AWS and Azure environment.
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills