At Hitachi Vantara, we combine technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. We do this by elevating their innovation advantage through the combination of IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise.
We enjoy a collaborative, employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for our next Solution Support Engineer to join our Product Support Team. You'll enjoy the challenge of fielding, triaging, and solving complex technical problems as the first point of contact for our customers by troubleshooting, documenting enhancements, and answering a wide variety of technical questions.
You'll communicate best practices and work cross-functionally with QA, Engineering, Professional Services, and Sales teams to help each customer achieve maximum value. You'll be great fit for this position if you enjoy providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment, with lots of technical variety. What You'll Do
- Provide product support for installation, configuration, and implementation of the Pentaho Software/SAAS products and solutions involving IoT, Big Data, Cloud, Containerization.
- Provide clear, crisp communication to clients in understandable, easy to follow directions
- Set proper expectations regarding client issues to ensure there is no ambiguity around solutions / timelines / etc.
- Document enhancement requests for the customer
- Maintain an accurate and complete description of cases managed through Pentaho's case tracking and problem management system
Your Skills and Experience
- 4 to 5 years experience in designing, implementing, or supporting Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence technologies.
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Experience on web development tools: Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI
- Hands on experience on a analytical tool/ETL tool : Pentaho Data Integration, Talend, Oracle Data Integrator, SSIS
- Strong hands on background in Linux/Unix administration
- Knowledge on Application servers: Tomcat, JBoss
- Knowledge on RDBMS Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or any other databases such as Columnar database.
- Experience and understanding of Big data technologies such as HDFS, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Hive, HBase stack.
- Knowledge of Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting)
- Ability to interact effectively and empathize with customers
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities.
We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa
- Harmony, Trust, RespectMakoto
- Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, IntegrityKaitakusha-Seishin
- Pioneering Spirit, Challenge