Job ID: R0015783
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Administration & Facilities
Job Type (Experience Level): Internship
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic Intern Signal Engineer (Software), for Summer 2023. The Intern Engineer will support an exciting array of mass transit projects. The internship opportunity will provide exposure to Hitachi's latest control system technologies, safety-relevant product development techniques, and product validation processes. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology, and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Develop integrated software solutions with guidance from senior developers.
• Generate and review database files for automation algorithms.
• Test software in lab and field environments to ensure compliance to requirements.
• Collaborate with global teams to support ATC and CBTC transit projects.
• Review field data and diagnose performance anomalies.
• Currently enrolled in an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science 4-year degree or Masters Program.
• Familiarity with C, C++, and/or Python programming fundamentals in Windows or Linux environments. [Other programming languages and skills may be accommodated. The internship responsibilities can be tailored depending on languages and experience level.]
• Experience with configuration management principles and tools, such as Git.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate in team environment.
• Troubleshooting, diagnostic, analytical, and debugging skills
• Initiative to learn, grow, and succeed.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrate competency in programming fundamentals.
• General ability to read and understand basic electrical schematics
• Currently enrolled in an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science 4-year degree or Masters Program
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.