Job Title - Support Engineer
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Support Engineer is a position in CS&S team, provides technical support to CS&S team and our clients.
What you'll be doing
• Performing problem and customer situation management at the technical level, escalating to the necessary levels for additional support when required.
• Log analysis for Hitachi Vantara products and solutions, Block Storage, Object Storage, Network Attached Storage and relative solutions.
• Identify the root cause and/or conclude an action plan to address the issue.
• Willing to face the challenges as a second line support.
• Effectively communicate and good team-working.
What you bring to the team
• Major in computer and related field, plus 5 years IT experience.
• Familiar with Hitachi object storage HCP, with system maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
• Support experience to Hitachi solutions is an advantage, such as VSP series storage, HNAS.
• Support experience to third party Object Storge is an advantage.
• Programming (Java and Python) background is preferred.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge