2nd Shift Welder/Mechanic position is a (4)-10hrs schedule, Monday through Thursday 2pm – 12:30am. This position will primarily function as a welder, with mechanical abilities to assist in the tear down and assembly of heavy equipment components when needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety is the #1 priority to conduct all activities with safety in mind.
- Observe and be knowledgeable of all safety regulations and procedures.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Tack weld or weld components and assemblies using welding equipment.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge or metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques needed to complete the task(s).
- Types of welding include – MIG Metal Inert Gas, FCGS – Flux Core Gas Shielded, SAW – Submerge Arc Welding, SMAW – Shield Metal Arc (Stick), Metal Core Welding.
- Check tolerances, dimensions, and specification by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside mics, spring gauges, telescoping gauges, chrome thickness gauge, etc.
- Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws.
- Moves components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists, forklifts, etc.
- Cleans parts by chemical or mechanical methods to remove excess dirt/debris.
- Assembles components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years welding, soldering, and brazing skills required.
- Mechanical experience in heavy equipment, automotive or similar fields required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Basic understanding of precision measuring tools required.