What are we looking for: The suitable candidate will have strong experience in program management and engineering in rail systems and signalling, along with experience complex infrastructure projects and working in an Alliance. System engineering, rail construction, rail testing and integration activities, software development, verification and validation are highly desirable as is experience in turnkey projects (within rail signalling), particularly delivering systems such as ETCS, ERTMS and CBTC.
The accountabilities of the Program Delivery Director will include but are not limited to:
- Leading projects, tackling complex engineering problems and commercial issues throughout the project life cycle.
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the program.
- Developing and maintaining a sound working relationship with the Alliance Participants, Other Delivery Entities the Alliance integrates into and the Customer.
- Must be an excellent communicator managing internal and external communications, expectations and requests.
- Must be solutions focussed solving issues and identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of program activities to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements as well as spend for the defined scope and schedule.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses, including proactive identification and mitigation of risks.
- Prepares and/or reviews claims to the client.
- Ensure the program is performed to the safety and quality assurance standards of both Hitachi and client.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to Hitachi management and client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position, as may be appropriate.
- Management & Contribution to meeting Alliance KPIs.
Key Experiences preferred:
The candidate of choice should bring 10+ years of hands-on experience of:
- Proven track record delivering complex and international projects +$100 million.
- Significant commercial experience (5+ years) working in complex technology driven implementation projects including phases of design, procurement, construction, commissioning. Ideally within the rail industry.
- Superior Communication & Stakeholder management Skills are required
- Suitable candidate must be engaging, collaborative and decisive self driven with a strong bias for action
- Must have a proven track record in managing the Financial and Commercial aspects of a complex Public sector project.
- Highly motivated, with excellent leadership, organisational, communication and people skills.
- Agile mindset, able to take prompt decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work and lead in a multicultural environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
Key qualifications preferred:
- A degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Training in PMP, Prince 2 or similar Project Management methodology.
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change management, risk management, cost estimation and contract negotiation.
- Experience in detailed design, implementation, testing and validation following CENELEC standards for complex systems.
- Sales and negotiations.