Job ID: R0014402
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated OCC Train Controller to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Supervises the monitoring and routine, preventative and unscheduled maintenance, inspection, testing, modification and repair of all equipment associated with electrical power distribution systems and emergency trip station facilities. Assigns duties to personnel by workload priority, giving instructions in proper work methods/techniques; conducts inspections and monitors.
• Must be able to work non-scheduled emergency call outs outside of assigned work hours
• Monitors and Control through OCC workstations Train operations and maintenance Vehicles
• Monitors and Control through SCADA workstation, remote equipment including but not limited to: Lift and escalators
• Traction Power
• Platform Screen Gates
• Auxiliary Station equipment
• Fire detection systems
• Access control
• Train Equipment faults
• Performs manual intervention and adjustment of Train operations as required
• Ensure daily work is conducted in accordance to the applicable regulations, rules, standards and operational procedures related to railway safety
• Daily management of control room activities and needs
• Coordination of planned and unplanned activates
• Responsible for providing clear and effective information to the Train Drivers and Crew
• Responsible for answering emergency calls from stations, trains and Crew
• Responsible for populating control room logs and reports
• Responsible for understanding and utilizing control room operation policies, restrictions and plans
• Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
• Reading and interpreting plans, specifications and electronic schematics, diagrams and maintenance manuals.
• Staying current on all new technologies introduced into the transit industries as relates to electrified rail.
• Safely operating a variety of trucks, equipment and tools.
• Preparing written reports, document defects and repairs on inspection forms, work orders or computer programs.
• Maintaining records and preparing clear and concise reports.
• Reading, understanding and using technical information found in repair manuals, service change bulletins and applicable technical documents, including parts and service manuals
• Working independently and safely with AC and DC power.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalency certificate.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a rail or air traffic position or missile control
• Basic knowledge and understanding of large monitoring and control systems and subsystems
• Ability to perform assigned duty in critical situations
• Training in electrical engineering preferred and/or a combination of education and work experience.
• Progressively responsible experience in the installation, testing, operations and maintenance of electrical traction power systems equipment for direct current propulsion of rapid transit operations, industrial power distribution or related fields is acceptable.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Graduation from and accredited college with a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Five (5) or more years of experience in a train controller position
• 3+ years working with high voltage protection and transformation equipment in voltage classes, preferably in power utility field.
• Experience in fields of cable plant and contact rail inspection, test and maintenance and supervisory experience in a rail electrical field are desirable
• High school diploma
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.