Summary of the position:
The Human Resources Recruiter partners with hiring managers in the selection process to find quality candidates for their approved positions. Drawing on knowledge of recruiting best-practices, the Recruiter develops and executes sound recruiting strategies and provides the expertise necessary to identify and obtain the talent necessary to facilitate organization growth and development.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist hiring managers with developing/updating job descriptions; enter job requisitions in Workday.
- Meets with hiring managers to develop a thorough understanding of business and department needs.
- Guide hiring managers through the recruiting process, educating on policies; clarify and resolve recruiting questions or problems.
- Create and organize job files for each open position.
- Leverage online recruiting resources and social media outlets to identify and recruit qualified candidates for open positions.
- Represent Sullair at NW Indiana job fairs and other recruiting events.
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent available for immediate and long-term hiring needs. Aligns pipelines to workforce plans and critical hiring needs of the business.
- Develop knowledge of diversity sourcing practices and strive to provide diverse candidate pools for all positions. Assist hiring managers in removing hiring criteria that negatively impacts diversity, reducing bias in the interview process, and achieving diversity goals.
- Maintain a network of external contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Develop recruiting tools that help the team track all full-time, contractor and filled positions.
- Actively update Hiring Tracker spreadsheet with accepted offers.
- Screen resumes and credentials of candidates ensuring that the skills, experience and subject knowledge meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the positions.
- Present qualified candidates to hiring managers and department leaders for evaluation.
- Provide frequent communication to managers regarding open positions.
- Schedule phone/Microsoft Teams/on-site interviews.
- Provide support and act as a resource to candidates before and after interviews.
- Extend offers, initiate the pre-employment screening process, as well as onboarding in Workday.
- Assist with new hire orientation and act as a team player with the flexibility to support the HR team where needed.
- Electronically file onboarding documents for accurate personnel records.
- Work on projects and miscellaneous tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- 7 years of full lifecycle corporate recruiting experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Experience recruiting in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with full lifecycle recruiting on a national and/or global level.
- Experience presenting new and complex recruiting concepts to leadership.
- Technologically curious and savvy, strong consumer of social media and mobile applications.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Workday preferred.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications and the use of email at an advanced level.
- Experience managing demands, accepting constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage a process to standards establish by compliance. Extensive experience with OFCCP compliance recruiting.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Strong ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be reliable, dependable, and extremely trustworthy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong influencing skills
- Personable demeanor with active listening skillset
- Exhibit sense of urgency while remaining calm and welcoming
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and work well within a team
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.