Documentation Control Clerk / Admin
Company: Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc. (HPES)
Division: Quality Assurance Department
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Status: Regular, Full Time
Documentation Control & Management:
- Host the weekly Change Review Board meeting, drive, and follow up end-to-end DCN thru the closure via Jira Board
- Manage, file, locate, and archive ISO documentation & changes (new, revised, aging, pending, inactive, obsolete, etc.)
- Interface with functional departments such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, QAE, etc. making sure drawings, documents, labels, and bills of material are all correct, providing hardcopies, and uploading into their PLM system.
- Support the technical writing for 1) Procedures (SOPs), 2) Test Reports, 3) Work Instructions, and 4) Non-technical drawing changes with SolidWorks (Title block info, Notes, etc.), communicating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Willing to learn and be able to apply the various database for daily routines as follow: 1) ePDM for Drawings, BOMs, Router, etc; 2) SAP database for PLM-related tasks; 3) SharePoint for the ISO documents (Backup database for partners); 4) ShareDrive for the Technical Document changes (non-ISO documents); 5) Jira Board for the Change Process & Management, 6) Adobe Acrobat Signature
- Apply good documentation practices (GDPs) and follow policies and procedures and support to lean the document control database and the migration between databases
Lean Manufacturing Process Supports:
- Support the manufacturing process with Quality Module within our PLM tool (SAP) for 1) Drawings & BOMs, 2) Materials kitting, 3) Locating the archived drawings, 4) Process steps sign-off, 5) Reviewing and archiving the manufacturing documents, etc.
- Support the Quality Assurance Department with reporting and trending, quality metrics, miscellaneous and administrative tasks
- Document procedures, test reports, compliance documents & certificates, and policies, and release them into PLM tool (ePDM, SAP, Jira Boards, SharePoint) for the process improvement
- Support the QAE with reporting and trending, quality metrics, note-taking, photo-taking, discrepancies reporting, administrative tasks
- Provide Document Control reporting and additional assistance by the cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or equivalent industry experience is required
- Entry level experience in Documentation Control is preferred
- Willing to initiate and back up the Kaizen and lean-manufacturing projects
- Setup and train internal and external customers on the use of the PLM tool (ePDM, SAP, Jira Boards, SharePoint) is preferred
- Willing to learn and support an intermediate level: Snagit, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Explorer, Windows, TEAM, and SharePoint
- File a ticket to the IT partners to resolve issues with the tool when the issue occurs
The expected salary for this position in our California office is $43,287 - 54,109 K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi America’s variable pay program, subject to the program’s conditions and restrictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.