Job Title: Renewal Sales
Reporting To: APAC Renewal Lead
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment. Interface with Account Managers, Partners and Customers in order to expedite renewal sales closure. This position acts as the contact point and information hub for maintenance renewal business globally. Inside sales will play a fundamental role in understanding customer needs and requirements, in return maximizing clients experience in product adoption and help company achieving revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
• Perform analysis for upcoming renewals and identify tech-refresh opportunities
• Interacts with existing customers primarily by phone and email
• Research accounts and identify key players
• Close renewal sales and achieve quarterly quotas
• Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
• Team with account manager and channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
• Create new program and initiatives to increase awareness and client's adoption rate
• Develops new upsell and cross sell prospects by understanding customer needs and requirements and help them to achieve their need and business results
• Provides support to customers over the phone and may conduct field visits as necessary.
• Requires the ability to negotiate with Sales, Partners or Customers
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Communicates and manages approval process
• Demonstrate very high commitment to ensure standards are being maintain at all times
• Perform purchase order (PO) review and analysis to ensure correctness and audit compliance
• Contribute on Process Improvement efforts
Primary Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business Administration, IT or related field highly desirable.
• At least 3 years or more experience directly related to Sales or IT systems
• Preferably have background in both pre and post-sales supporting environment
• Strong proficiency with computers (Microsoft Office)
Skills and Attributes:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
• Demonstrable strong background in dealing with customer
• Work with little supervision on a day-to-day basis
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment / time management skills
• Good knowledge and interest in the IT industry and products
• Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
• Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong listening and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and fast learner
• Passion for sales and customer handling.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and coordination capability
• Able to work both in a team and independently
• Maintain professionalism and a pro-active work style
• Language capability in English and Mandarin.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge