Setpoint/Jr Automation is seeking a Lead Machine Builder in our Ogden, Utah location for a Monday-Thursday 6:00 am – 4:30 pm shift.
As a Lead Machine Builder you will be a vital member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Engineering in the development phase
- Direct supervision of project teams assigned during the build phase
- Plan, organize, and control the build process and related costs
- Work cross functionally with all departments during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff
- Verify arrival of materials to ensure they are available when needed
- Keep the project team up to date on key project detail and keep the team informed on workload and hours required
- Drive best practice and cost savings opportunities with the build team
- Assign and track tasks for the build team so that all resources are used to their full potential during the build phase
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from each team member as it relates to their individual ability
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to ensure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews
- Promote and execute build team training through the use of the 3 build development modules
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers
- Communicate to the Build Manager and Project Manager on open issues, milestones release status, timing, hours, and budget concerns
- Responsible to assist the Build Manager in developing the build team through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products
- Responsible for holding team accountable to company policy and procedure
- Release prints according to timeline schedule – sequencing purchased and fabricated parts to arrive when needed
- Coordinate tear down and installation schedules including trucking requirements
- Lead installation of equipment at customer site which may include coordinating equipment and resources needed on site
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- 5+ years’ experience in a relatable technical, project related field
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Related vocational education preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel
- Proficient in reading part and assembly drawings
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality
- Proven ability to lead the build of automated machinery
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations
- Ability to train and mentor
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as required
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Forklift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training while employed at JR Automation
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided)
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required including domestic and international travel depending on the project
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!
Keywords: Maintenance, electrical, wiring, pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, controls, automation, robotics, mechatronics, PLC, HMI, integration, troubleshoot, industrial, lead, supervisor, foreman