Goal of the Business Unit
Expanding the Smart Energy & Building solutions business especially on energy monitoring and optimization
Key Scope of Works
- Identify and create new leads and grow the existing customers’ business with new areas of opportunities for Smart Energy and Building
- Conduct market research to identify opportunity and evaluate customer needs
- Understand existing or new customer’s requirement, develop a tailor-made business proposal and presentation together with Engineering Team
- Generating high-quality sales leads, following up after initial contact, securing and renewing orders, negotiating price, completing sales, and arranging deliveries
- Ensure excellent customer service through regular follow-up with customers
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results
- Supporting BDM to translate proposals into ready-to-sign contracts
- Supporting BDM to translate discussion into action items during internal and external meetings
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Creative and innovative sales approach with driven and result oriented to support the BDM
- Visit the customers, understand the customer requirement, and develop the business proposal based on Hitachi as well as non-Hitachi’s products with quantifiable benefits for the customers.
- Basic IT technical knowledge is mandatory.
- Identify market requirements by visiting customers and potential partners as well as by doing market research.
- Work with engineering counterparts from customer side and from other Hitachi organizations including group companies to develop solution/service requirements.
- Work with the BDM to develop the go-to-market strategy, assist them to understand the best market positioning of the solution/service, key benefits and target customers.
- Work with BDM to create business cases for solutions and services to secure the internal funding including developing go-to-market plans, customer benefit analysis, pricing and business models.
- Serve as an internal and external leader for solution and service offerings by working with the technical channels and key customers.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the solution and service business and promoting them.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially PowerPoint and Words for business proposal and strategic planning
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations.
- Minimum Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Building Security System, Fire Protection, Controls, HVAC would be preferred
- Experience in Building industry would be preferred
- Three (3) years of combined experience in a sales role with at least three (2) years of experience working in a sales business development for companies that offer products and services aimed at Smart Energy and Building in ASEAN market.
- Outstanding communication (written and oral) and intercultural skills in English. Japanese speaking is a plus-point.