Senior Specialist- Total Rewards, APAC Meet our Team
We are the APAC Total Rewards team of Hitachi Vantara, part of Global Total Rewards that operates through a regional org structure of APAC, EMEA and Americas, responsible for a holistic framework of Total Rewards that reflects our strategy to attract, motivate, and retain employees.
We are responsible for compensation design, management, and analysis including - program design, plan management, compensation evaluation and analysis & vendor management. We are also responsible for benefits program design, management, and analysis including - benefits plan management, coverage evaluation, benchmarking and benefits vendor management. The Role
The Total Rewards Specialist will primarily be responsible for providing Human Resources Leadership and client organizations with consultative support for all areas of compensation and benefits in APAC. The position is part of the Total Rewards (TR) team and will work with TR members around the world in a variety of compensation areas. As part of the Total Rewards team, this position develops, implements, and administers global compensation strategies, policies and programs and manages the regional employee benefits for APAC. Responsibilities
- Project manage, develop, and maintain compensation ranges globally.
- Participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive pay and practice information to help determine company's competitive position.
- Prepare special studies and recommendations on compensation related topics.
- Provide analytical and advisory support to the APAC region and wider TR team.
- Administer short- and long-term incentive programs (STI / LTI), including communications, timelines, training, payments, etc.
- Educate HR and the broader employee base on Hitachi Vantara's compensation philosophy.
- Support HR/TR Transformation by identifying and making recommendations on process improvement/simplification.
- Analyze internal and external compensation and benefits trends and data to enable business decisions.
- Recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- May lead new projects/initiatives or represent the TR function in cross-functional or inter-company projects.
- May support the ongoing development and transformation of Total Rewards systems ad tools.
- Manage large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant disciplines, with 8+ years of experience in Total Rewards, preferably in technology sector. International experience a plus.
- Experience in having ownership and administering base pay programs, compensation plans, benefits management, working with representatives from multiple functions as well as senior/executive management.
- Comfortable dealing with financial aspects of compensation programs including budget allocation, and accruals.
- Advanced Excel skills: Comfortable working with large data sets and standardizing/merging/organizing data from different sources. Extensive experience in performing complex excel functions including lookups, pivots, and ability to transform data into presentable chart/graph/tables for review and presentations.
- Ability to lead teams and improve performance by establishing new business practices and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to different personality styles, as well as unique needs of different functions.
- Result oriented and collaborative approach with demonstrated ability to proactively identify and manage complex problems in the job area.
- Strong project management and planning skills with the ability to multitask effectively and prioritize workload.
- Experience with MarketPay system and WorkDay is a plus.