Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.What you'll be doing
• This person will be responsible for performing Global Delivery Services for Hitachi Vantara customers, as defined in a Statement of Work and as identified by manager, or as assigned by a Project Manager or Engagement Manager. The role performs the assigned tasks, whilst building a customer's confidence in Hitachi Vantara's service delivery capability.
• The Technical Consultant is responsible for a smooth transition from implementation to operations, is an experienced professional, with a full understanding of practice specialization. Responsibilities
• Provide status information to Project Managers task status and completion estimates, making strong strategic decisions, based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line.
• Work with the Project Manager closely to validate whether the Project completion expectations have been met, making the Project Manager aware of any deviations from the Statement of Work and highlighting when a customer requests an activity or deliverable that may be beyond the Statement of Work.
• Participate in strategic project review sessions to share materials or lessons learned.
• Identify opportunities to gain additional skills through working collaboratively with other members of the team, demonstrating an accountability for keeping own performance on track and ensuring that your skills remain at the forefront of your subject matter expertise.
• Create detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer's environment and requirements.
• Work closely with the internal project team and customers to implement the technical solution, building mutual support and understanding with colleagues and customers.
• Provide guidance to local teams or 3rd party partners to implement the technical solution.
• Provide technical subject matter expertise to troubleshoot implementation, operational, connectivity and network issues, providing rational business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers.What you bring to the team
• Extensive experience within Hitachi's technologies or a similar competitor or organization.
• Establishing personal impact: Projecting personal confidence, expertise and passion when interacting with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels in the organization
• Proactive Delivery: Demonstrate accountability by keeping performance on track. Must be a problem solver who is able to work independently, organized, and strong attention to detail.
• Team working: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues.
• Must be an excellent communicator.
• Must have excellent skills with French and be able to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
• Must have excellent skills with English and be able to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
• Rating of ability on the various skill areas, within Quickbase.
• Usage of published Delivery Service Office methods, tools, and systems.
• Stakeholder Management skills; Clearly and effectively communicates with customers and ensures that customers understand and have visibility of activities and deliverables as required, demonstrating company values in all customer interactionsOur Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge