Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto,ON.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Define Concept of Operations for the project including identifying operational scenarios and use cases
- Define System Architecture for the project (logical, functional, and physical architectures)
- Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Lead System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Decompose System Requirements to lower-level elements and work with the engineering teams to ensure proper allocation
- Serve as the project’s cross-functional technical interface between product development, engineering, manufacturing, verification & validation, commissioning, and RAMS teams.
- Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
- Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
- Support project Engineering in all technical decisions
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
- Support lab, factory, and field testing
- Execution of System Integration Test
- Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with company processes
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Provide support to Projects external stakeholders (Customers, Users, Tenders) and participate to the budget estimation.
- 1-4 year engineering with transportation experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver solutions to closure.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical
- Experience with Design
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Railway systems design
- Experience using DOORS Requirement management tool
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
- Experience in BIM design process
- Knowledge of FRA/FTA regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!