Job ID: R0015431
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS India Private Limited
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Signaling RAM Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of administrative and strategic tasks. The position is based in Bangalore.
· Deliver complex (in terms of number of interfaces and or contract value) Railway Signaling and transportation solution systems that meet reliability and safety requirements in compliance with project schedule and budget.
· Build the required safety evidence and ensure successful independent safety assessments.
· Ensure delivery of transportation solution systems in compliance with RAM guidelines and quality standards, and in accordance with time and budget constraints.
· Ensure execution of the RAM activities through participation in projects, bidding and delivery phases: System RAMS planning, preliminary RAM project analysis and early feedback to project team.
· Attendance at design reviews with suppliers and RAM field tests and demo.
· Ensure Safety Case development and RAM parameters performance demonstrations.
· Ensure delivery of project RAM analysis and documents at system and subsystem level in cooperation with other technology functions, Operation & Maintenance and external suppliers.
· Ensure consistency of verification & validation evidence.
· Ensure development, improvement and implementation of System RAM standard processes.
· Provide technical support to RAM Managers and interface for Independent Safety Assessor, Employer and External Authorities.
· Ensure the provision of RAM requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to the relevant Product and Signaling RAM Engineers.
· Good knowledge of railways & signaling technology
· Good Knowledge in Signaling System of Indian Railway or Metro Project.
· Good knowledge of requirements management
· Good knowledge of project lifecycle
· Good knowledge of budget management & cost controlling
· Good knowledge of planning
· Basic knowledge of quality management
· Basic knowledge of internal procedures and processes
· Basic knowledge of RAM safety
· Basic knowledge of CENELEC standards
· Basic knowledge of verification and validation knowledge
· Basic knowledge of testing activities
· Basic knowledge of O&M and trial run basic principles
· Good knowledge of interface management
· Good knowledge of brownfield management & process knowledge
· Basic knowledge of vehicle management
· Basic knowledge of platform screen doors (PSD)
· Basic knowledge of configuration management
· Basic knowledge of hazard management
· Basic knowledge of operation and emergency scenarios
· Basic knowledge of system and subsystem safety criticalities
· Basic knowledge of external stakeholder management (ISA)
· Educated to graduate degree level in Engineering with 5 to 7 years of experience in Mainline Railways or Metro Signaling System Projects delivery.
· Knowledge of English Language: Fluent
· Thrives by working in a fluid environment. Tolerance of ambiguity.
· Motivated by work that provides opportunities for development, and the acquisition of new skills.
· Thrives on meeting people, harmonious teamwork and helping others.
· Thrives on investing energy into a job.
· Ability to work in a project team and in a collaborative environment.
· Ability to interface to diversity / international mind-set
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please send the nature of the request and contact information to [email protected]