Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Director for Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) in EMEA, this strategic role is an opportunity to assist in defining the future for Hitachi workspace, also to unite and support regional REWS team members in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in the daily coordination of operations, projects, and lease management activities.
What you bring to the team
- Build a model to understand the EMEA objectives, workload, and opportunities.
- Create and use portfolio metrics to understand and measure workplace effectiveness across the region.
- Build on Hitachi Group workplace goals to help define office metrics of the future based on agile / hybrid working strategy and options.
- Develop a coherent workplace strategy for the EMEA region to aid in the acquisition and design of new office space.
- Explore, evaluate, and implement programs and services to aid engagement, collaboration and project management while ensuring that they meet Hitachi EMEA needs, are cost-effective and support the organization's strategic direction.
- Support the development of annual facilities business plans and forecasts in alignment with corporate goals and objectives.
- Support activities before, during and after property acquisition and acquired sites as required.
- Support the EMEA REWS team in strategic, sourcing, reviewing, and planning of real estate/space solutions, and support with the negotiating real estate transactions.
- Provide support, as required, to the EMEA team on capital works projects for construction, renovation, and other fit-out programs.
- Ensure due diligence and compliance with risk management and asset protection policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the operating and capital budgets for Hitachi EMEA Facilities
- Coordinate the efficient, effective operation of the Facilities team by developing, evaluating, and implementing resource allocation model.
- Bachelors degree in Project Management,
- An interest and ability in Business Intelligence, dashboarding and online collaborative tools,
- A passion for understanding and being part of the future of work and workplace services,
- You have or are working toward a bachelors or master's degree in a relevant field,
- Around 1 year of professional experience gained in the workplace or as part of an undergraduate placement,
- Fluency in English,
- Great communication and organization skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge