Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Meet our Solutions Engineering Team
Our solution engineers are immensely capable, adaptable, confident, excellent communicators who are equally cool in front of large crowds and intimate groups. They are customer-oriented and capable of answering a wide variety of questions related to business intelligence, data governance and data integration.
We are a collaborative and friendly group, supporting each others ideas and working together for the success of our customers. Success is shared. We work closely with account managers to demonstrate the breadth and depth of the Lumada technology suite. We position tangible solutions to solve real-world business and technical challenges. As part of this team you have the opportunity to work with Global customers at the forefront of DataOps, big data, and IoT.
What you will be doing
Primary Job Responsibilities
Solution Design: Interview prospects to determine business outcomes, data challenges and technical requirements, design recommended solution architectures, and assess technical fit.
Custom Presentations: Create compelling customized presentations tailored to prospects' use case and vertical.
Product Expert: Conduct technical Q&A sessions and demonstrate product features, installation, configuration, and best practices.
Lead Evaluations: Design and scope focused evaluation plans that uniquely position Lumada technologies, are tied to prospect requirements, and prove out business value.
Teamwork: Collaborate with data experts, data scientists, consultants in across Hitachi Vantara to deliver advanced custom demonstrations, workshops, and POCs.
Continuous Learning: A passion for learning new technologies as needed. Creative troubleshooting of issues that require innovative solutions.
High Impact: Key stakeholder in collaboration with marketing, product management, engineering, and professional services across Hitachi Vantara.
What you bring to the team
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to deliver compelling presentations
• Customer-focused work habits and attention to detail
• Open and proactive approach to interpersonal communication
• Ability to quickly learn new Lumada products and technical environments
• Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems
• Creativity and Imagination - the ability to think outside the box
• Excellent time-management skills
• Commercial Spanish and Portuguese
Sales Experience: 5+ years of "pre-sales" experience supporting enterprise software sales cycles.
Analytics Experience: 3+ years of experience implementing or supporting data warehouse and business intelligence technologies.
Technology: Understanding of big data, data management, data governance, IoT technologies & microservices architectures, combined with hands-on working experience with core technologies including:
• Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, shell scripting),
• Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL, JDBC)
• Content (e.g. XML, JSON, text)
• ETL, data warehousing and data engineering
• Big Data (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, NoSQL, Spark, ELT)
• Data catalog (e.g. metadata, data lineage)
• Serverless (e.g. lambdas, containerized infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes)
• BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Qlik, PowerBI)
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience).
Technology: Advanced big data implementation and java architecture experience
• Hands-on Hadoop experience
• Programming languages (java, js, python, R, scala)
• Security systems (e.g. LDAP, SSO)
• Advanced analytics (e.g. Weka, SAS, ML, forecasting, anomaly detection)
Education: Major or minor in computer science or analytics degrees, graduate sciences degree a plus.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge