Job ID: R0016211
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Quality Inspector who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The Quality Inspector ensures quality through independent inspection of the product at any stage of the production process.
• Performs product inspection in allocated time
• Meets department utilization goal
• Assists department in reducing defect rate
• Contributes Proposals “Ideas” to the innovation program
• Inspects products at specified stages in the production process or incoming process, and inspects for a variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, workmanship, compliance to drawings and technical specifications.
• Records final inspection data in APO and places Inspection Stamps or records final data as required.
• Interprets engineering drawings, Bill of material, routers and technical specifications, and confers with management , TQVO or PI&M staff to identify and resolve quality issues with product.
• Quarantines or returns Non Conforming product to the appropriate assembler or test personnel for rework and corrective action.
• Inspects own work for accuracy, completeness and compliance to requirements, including HSE requirements, highest quality standards and Safety critical requirements.
• Records inspection results (APO data) in MES system
Required Skills & Experience:
• Use of MS Office, Team Center and SAP applications
• IPC 610 • WHMA/IPC-A-620A • Use of test equipment
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 2-3 years of expertise as a Senior Assembler and 1 or more years as a Tester
• Knowledge of products and product families
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers/ It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.