Excited to grow your career at Hitachi?
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Project Controller who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
- Analyze financial results and monitoring the budgeting & forecast control cycle. Doing so you will be identifying potential financial risk areas and supporting the implementation of risk mitigating activities;
- Close teamwork with the Project Management team being involved in all the economic and financial activities;
- Actively participate in the monthly /quarterly / yearly closing process, in coordination with the Finance & Project Management teams within the factory, but also in alignment with other actors;
- Ensuring all commercial & financial reporting on monthly basis during the project phases, signalizing issues and opportunities;
- Driving the optimization of project cash flow and revenues while maintaining the accuracy of the project balance sheet, income statement and monthly/quarterly forecast;
- Coordinating all financial aspects of the project, including estimate at completion and related cost-to-complete, forecasted revenues and cash flow and risk and opportunities assessments, as well as ensuring alignment with other functions including project controls and planning/scheduling;
- Contract Management and Financial involvement with the Project Manager team and the Sales colleagues during project execution (eg. commenting T&Cs, review of offer calculations.
- Supporting adherence to corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter and business-specific finance directives and instructions;
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid experience as Project Controller;
- Five years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor or Master Degree (Engineering, Accounting or Finance;
- Experience in the area of Project Controlling and Contract Management, such as customer contract analysis, commenting contracts, project cost and margin analysis and/or project cost calculations;
- Experience in revenue recognition and understanding how the free-cash-flow of the company is composed / can be further improved;
- Knowledge on claim management, forecasting the main variances to analyze and predict the closing results of the projects themselves;
- Knowledge of Project Management basis;
- Experience with SAP (especially CO) is highly desirable;
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office (focus on Excel and Outlook);
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask;
- Have a real passion and enthusiasm for deal management in complex project;
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment, result oriented approach, proactivity, autonomy and open mind;
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability according to specific requirements;
- Team Player, looking to add value to the organization and being well trusted partner of the colleagues and/or of the Management;
- Available for short business travels.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.