Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
*US residency and work authorization required. What You Will Be Doing
This position will require a self-driven approach with the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across multi-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, commercial, support, and services to drive awareness and adoption of the solutions across Hitachi Vantara and its customers. This individual is responsible for driving communication across various development and GTM teams to ensure delivery timelines are met. The ideal individual is a team player who wants to innovate and grow while contributing to cutting-edge technology solutions and while processing in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Lead, manage and collaborate with geographically dispersed cross-functional teams, business partners, and stakeholders including Product Management, Service Engineering, Service Delivery, Managed Services, Support, and Global Pricing.
- Oversee early adoption projects and perform project management responsibilities as needed
- Work and communicate effectively with key stakeholders to ensure successful product releases and customer adoption.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally.
- Participate in discussions for "Continuous Improvement" activities. Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales, and delivery content among the Automation Professional Services community
- Conduct Infrastructure Operations Assessment to address LOE reduction requirements, based on automation development and implementation.
- Listen to customer needs, understand their challenges, and articulate the overall services solution and subsequent implementation plan to customers.
- Achieve timely completion of milestone tracking for governance, pricing, training, and back-office work-streams to ensure solution offering GTM and marketplace success.
- Review and document regular reporting, meet with teams and assist in the identification of gaps and/or blockers to milestones and outcomes.
- Work closely with business partners to understand business and functional requirements to align resources and prioritize appropriately.
- Lead oversight of day-to-day Project and Program control of a cross-function team.
- Liaise between all business/tech/product owners utilizing portfolio systems and reporting to ensure clear communication and understanding of data and upcoming forecasts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Hitachi Vantara products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
- Establish highly visible and positive awareness of the service offering in the marketplace
- 5+ years of experience in Solution Design and Technical Architecture work
- 5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience within a Consulting environment
- 2+ years' experience leading a development team and meeting aggressive timelines
- Strong technical background with a firm understanding of computing and storage hardware platforms, operating systems, fabric interconnects, DevOps pipeline development, and the DevOps life cycle
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive / problem-solving mentality, who can take ownership of a subject
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- AGILE Development Methodology, experience required
- B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science or related field is a must.
- Strong background in IT automation, experience with Hitachi Automation Director, is a plus but not required; Experience with other automation platforms; Ansible, Terraform, Chef, and Puppet, strongly desired
- PMP Certification a plus
- Team management and negotiation
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
- Ability to effectively collaborate across (virtual) teams, time zones, and cultures
- Ability to perform under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to manage conflict and redirect it towards team focused success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in both business and technical forums
- Self-starter with the aptitude to function effectively in a very large organization
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected on-target compensation for this position is:
OTE Services Plans - Tier 1 (San Francisco, New York) OTE range from $159K - $227K
OTE Services Plans - Tier 2 OTE range from $139K - $198K
OTE Services Plans - Tier 3 OTE range from $111K - $158K
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus, sales target incentive or commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge