Hitachi STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System Engineer- Interface Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, ON Canada.
Who We Are:
Hitachi STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity.
- Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
- Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
- Lead scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Lead System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Decompose System Requirements to lower-level elements and work with the engineering teams to ensure proper allocation
- Identify the list of all interface according to the sys architecture, functions and all contracts reqs.
- Review the overall list of all interface with all the stakeholders involved.
- Push/Drive Contractors to provide their inputs to the overall interface program.
- Monitor and assess progress of all Interface Works and Report progress.
- Push to provide information and report status of all Package Interface Works.
- Prepare and update of the Interface Matrices.
- Push other Contractors to provide the necessary Interface Items of their parts.
- Upload the Interface Matrices into interfaces management tool.
- Push other Contractors to upload Interface Matrices of their parts.
- Prepare and update of the ICDD Register
- Push other stakeholders to provide inputs to the ICDD Register.
- Upload the ICDD Register into interfaces database tool.
- Submit Interface Matrices to Employer for approval.
- Submit ICDD Register to Employer for approval.
- Interfaces management (review, update database, closing).
- Verify each Interface produced by other stakeholders.
- Design coordination of miscellaneous systems elements within civil program.
- Monitor Submission ICDD to Employer for approval and coordinate the responses.
- Resolution of each pending issue regarding the interface.
- Review of evidences attached to the ICDDs.
- Issue periodically Coordinated Interface Report.
- Review of the ICDD ready for closure.
- Push Subsystems and Contractors to Sign ICDD.
- Issue ICDD closed for each design Milestone.
- Support the Employer Review of ICDD.
- Monitor and assess progress of all Project Interface Works,
- Report progress / issues to the Employer.
- Organize integration resolution meetings.
- Attend Integration/Interface meetings.
- Review data entered into IM Tool by Contractor.
- Support project Engineering in all technical decisions
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
- Execution of System Integration Test
- Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with company processes
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Provide support to Projects external stakeholders (Customers, Users, Tenders) and participate to the budget estimation.
- 5+ year engineering with a minimum 5 years’ as a lead or Interfaces Coordinator or Systems/design engineer
- Experience in managing External Integration Consultant Packages
- Experience in managing external stakeholders such as Civil Partners/External Contractors/Suppliers
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle and demonstrate the ability to deliver solutions to closure
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, requirements management systems (e.g. Doors), product lifecycle management systems, defect tracking tools, and software configuration tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers, management, and customers in a simplified manner
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Strong prior experience applying fundamental Systems Engineering concepts:
- System Architecture
- Requirements Management,
- Configuration Management,
- Interface Management,
- Deep competency in interactions between Civil contractor and System Design
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- P-Eng certification in CANADA within an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Experience in BIM design process
- Prefer Expertise in the following:
- Civil Contract management
- EMI / EMC system integration and validation
- Installation and Commissioning
- Viaduct design
- Tunnel Design
- Railway Civil design
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Railway systems and civil design
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
- Knowledge of job-specific tools (Doors, others may apply) is an advantage
- Experience in BIM design process
- Knowledge of FRA/FTA regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or civil work/transportation equivalent work experience.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.