Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success.Job Description:
Has an experience of more than 6yrs in Data Protection (Backup) administration (Preferably NetBackup)
• Excellent understanding of Backup technology with a clear understanding of Filesytems, OS, VADP, NDMP, DB backups, snapshots & systems recovery technologies
• Effectively Deliver services to the customer with the activities listed below
• Pursue opportunities to optimize, automate, standardize to drive efficiencies YoY
• NetBackup 9 and above versions administration experience
• NetBackup application backup/restore utilities and scripting (GUI & CLI)
• Dell EMC Datadomain, Veritas Appliance support
• Red Hat Linux/Windows System Administration (emphasis on Linux)
• Ethernet, Wireless, and TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting
• Able to liaise effectively with the network support, service desk, client support, database, architecture, and security groups work with OEMs & Third Party vendors
• Identifies multiple alternatives to resolves business needs
• Looks for improvement and growth opportunities in own area
• Monitors production systems in order to identify or recognize production problems
• Assist with Root cause analysis as needed
• Monitoring of all backup and restore activities
• Restarting of failed backups
• Handle incidents relating to backup failures and change tickets related to restore requests
• Tape drive and Tape library administration
• Perform restores from Netbackup (Windows, Unix, RMAN, VM, NAS)
• Developing and deploying NetBackup, OpsCenter reports
• Network Administration (related to firewalls, LAN, etc)
• Windows and Unix OS, NDMP, VM (VADP), Oracle (RMAN) backups in a NetBackup environment
• Ability to automate utilizing PowerShell, Perl
• Act as subject matter expert (SME) and highest contact point of technical problem escalation within the Server Solutions Team for Veritas Netbackup Operations
• Provide advanced technical assistance
• Performs troubleshooting techniques on storage processes, applications, and hardware in a SOX compliant manner
• Works in conjunction with entire Platform Support team & Vendors to maintain system uptime on all enterprise wide platform devices to a world-class level
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are added advantage.
• Experience working with various levels of technical individuals at remote locations and vendors to resolve problems or in implementing new solutions.
• Experience using a ticket management system for work prioritization and daily workload management.
• Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving;
• Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment;
• Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative; communication, influencing and organizational skills are a must;
• Demonstrate accountability, independent initiatives and willingness to work with teams across multiple locations and time zones;
• Strong team player skills;
• Flexible and being able to manage time effectively;
• Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
• Fluent English
Good to have -
• Dell EMC Networker Administration
• Good knowledge on other Microsoft technologies like Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Group Policies
• CCNA Certified & Window/Linux & Hitachi Product: UCP Advisor / DS Series Hardware Knowledge
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or other related technology fields of study.
• ITIL Certification -preferred but not mandatory.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge