AUTH0 DEVELOPER Meet our Team
We are the Identity and Access Management team, part of Cybersecurity at Hitachi Vantara, and we are passionate advocates of information security! We maintain key tools and software in our corporate environment that ensures the proper identity and access management of our employees, vendors, customers, and partners. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best IAM program! What You Will Be Doing
As an experienced, technically sound Auth0, you will join a squad of IAM developers and engineers, reporting to the Senior Manager of Identity and Access Management. Working closely with other teams and tools including Partner and Customer Experience, Salesforce, and Auth0, you will help to mature the Consumer Identity and Access Management program at Hitachi Vantara.
As an expert at managing, configuring, and developing CIAM platforms, you will be responsible for helping us design, test, and implement Auth0 as a new solution for managing external identity at Hitachi Vantara. This will include designing and maintaining workflows around user registration, progressive profiling, inbound federation, sign in policies, custom authorization servers, role management, webhooks, and token validation. To be a great fit for this role you should be comfortable and knowledgeable regarding the challenges of B2B, B2C, and other IAM ecosystems.
We are looking for a technical expert ready to take ownership of building a new platform for our external user base!
Creating, reviewing, and maintaining custom OAuth and OIDC integrations with Okta and Auth0.
• Management of application access policies and authorization server policies.
• Advising SaaS solution development and engineering teams in matters of Identity Management including authentication, authorization, token management, API validation, and more.
• Designing processes for how new users should be onboarded to downstream application platforms.
• Understanding and evaluating complex applications. The correct candidate for this role should be comfortable assessing many different application architectures, API contracts, and user management systems.
• Supporting and designing IAM frameworks for SaaS products. This include Authentication and Authorization design.
• Evaluating, improving, and maintaining our external user experience.
• Developing Okta Workflows to supplement native provisioning and registration processes.
• Developing custom code to interact with Auth0 and Okta's public facing APIs.
• Terraform and CI/CD experience is a strong requirement of this role.
• Writing custom Node.js functions to enhance the Auth0 implementation.What You Bring to the Team
Strong/expert level understanding of authentication mechanisms and protocols including OIDC/OAuth and SAML, and key related security concepts such as MFA, and how these are used with Auth0 and other IdPs, and the ability to trouble shoot issues in this realm.
• Strong/expert level experience integrating applications with Auth0 for SSO
• Hands on experience (5+ years) with Okta and/or Auth0 within large enterprise scale environments (with more than 10,000 users), including also experience with workflows and/or scripting with Public facing APIs (to allow for automation of tasks)
• An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
• Great interpersonal skills: good written & oral communication in English, ability & willingness to work within international team, collaborative & team-oriented approach, being self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast moving, large scale project with tight deadlines, multiple priorities and under defined budget, high attention to details and quality. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge