We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire the future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.The team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
This role is hands-on Staff Software Engineer (Lead) to develop IOT applications platform, machine learning and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question
assumptions and be imaginative. 10 or more years' experience as an engineer with drive for
innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product roadmap. This person should have a
passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
What you'll bring •
5+ years of experience in the software industry. Experience in Golang Programming
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns. Strong experience in containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services
• Experiences with machine learning platform and framework, e.g. PyTorch, MLFlow; and libraries, e.g. scikit-learn.
• Deep understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
• Experiences using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
• Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus
• Experience/exposure in React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge or experiences with industrial protocols a plus.
• Experience in testing framework - Mock frameworks
• Hands-on in design and code reviews.
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools; build script and CI/CD
• Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy enterprise level, high availability applications.
• Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority-based systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Any Engineering GraduateChampioning diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings. We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society. If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic. Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.