Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
What you'll be doing
This role is hands-on Staff Software Engineer (Lead) to develop IOT applications platform, machine learning and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question
assumptions and be imaginative. 10 or more years' experience as an engineer with drive for
innovation by developing prototypes, influencing product roadmap. This person should have a
passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment. Participate in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
What you bring to the team
10+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 3 years are in IOT platform and application development; industrial application experiences a plus.
• Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Knowledge of 12-factor application and proficient in applying common design patterns. Strong experience in containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services
• Experiences with machine learning platform and framework, e.g. PyTorch, MLFlow; and libraries, e.g. scikit-learn.
• Deep understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
• Experiences using IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
• Experience with backend technology, overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus
• Experience/exposure in React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge or experiences with industrial protocols a plus.
• Experience in testing framework - Mock frameworks
• Hands-on in design and code reviews.
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools; build script and CI/CD
• Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and Deploy enterprise level, high availability applications.
• Expert understanding of multi-threaded priority-based systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Qualifications Any Engineering Graduate
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.