Job Title - Software Development Engineer Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
This position will work as a member of the Software Engineering team to develop and maintain parts of the Lumada software suite.
Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality and documentation.
The duties will include:
What you bring to the team
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
- Mentor and advise junior team members
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relations databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following core technologies:
- 3+ Years experience in Java Object Oriented Software Development (GO lang is a plus)
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Experience with scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded / multi-user server-side software development
- Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience with build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge