Meet our Team
As Global Technology Business Management Leader, you will be responsible for leading a global team responsible for strategic planning, technology resource and capacity management, service provider governance, technology workforce strategy, technology financial management, technology cost effectiveness, technology change management, and the project management office.
As a key leader and part of the Hitachi Vantara IT Leadership Team, you will be a highly collaborative leader with the ability to work with senior level stakeholders across IT and multiple Business teams. You will foster a customer-centric organization culture and contribute to the maturation of processes across IT and the enterprise.
To be successful in this role, you will have prior similar experience working in senior level roles in technology organizations for large-scale, complex, global companies. This is both an operational and strategic leadership role reporting to the Chief Information Officer.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Analyze key internal and external inputs to lead development of the long-range, and annual Technology strategic plan and ensure alignment with overall Hitachi Vantara corporate strategy.
- Lead the execution of the IT annual strategic and financial planning process. Define and own the timelines and deliverables for the process in collaboration with the Hitachi Vantara Finance organization.
- Lead monthly and quarterly reviews with IT and senior business stakeholders to review progress of the Technology long-range and annual plan.
- Coordinate and lead in the objectives and key results (OKRs) setting process. Monitor OKRs on a monthly and quarterly basis. Promote a continuous improvement mindset measured with performance metrics and OKRs.
- Lead regular reporting and analysis of performance metrics and OKRs with IT and key business stakeholders.
- Run and improve the IT and business Demand Management intake and project prioritization activities in conjunction with the IT Leadership Team and key business stakeholders.
- Run and improve the IT resource and capacity management activities to align internal and external resources with prioritized business and technology projects.
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships with key technology service providers and vendors.
- Partner with Procurement to run and improve vendor and service provider activities including service level management, financial management, contract management, and relationship management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with third parties, including software, hardware, and services vendors.
- Develop, implement, run, and improve the Technology financial management and cost effectiveness activities partnering with corporate Finance.
- Lead the development of cost efficiency programs to achieve financial targets and optimize Technology and Product Development spending so it is focused on the most impactful activities aligned with business outcomes.
- Provide leadership over IT communications and change management activities in conjunction with the corporate Communications function.
- Special projects and other initiatives on behalf of the CIO.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a technology leadership or corporate strategy role (PMO, Business Management/Financial Management or Technical Change Management).
- Expert in multiple areas of strategic planning, technology resource and capacity management, service provider governance, technology procurement, technology financial planning, technology cost effectiveness, technology communications, organizational change management, and cross-functional technology processes.
- Proven experience working in a complex, global organization with a global employee population.
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to analyze, interpret, communicate, and act upon relevant data.
- Expert in Technology governance formulation and administration.
- Experience with modern technology service delivery frameworks including Agile, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with enterprise level impact including programs with extensive cross-functional technology and business involvement.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors.
- Ability to be a company-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills with the ability to partner with and engage at multiple levels across Hitachi Vantara and with external service provider organizations.
- A consultative and continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to drive programs that generate business value, with measurable key performance indicators and metrics.
- Strong people leadership capabilities including motivating and connecting a global team, guiding, and coaching managers, team leaders and individual team members, developing talent, implementing performance management plans when needed, and ensuring accountability for commitments that are made.
- A customer service mindset with focus on improving technology organizations based on internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, computer science, business or similar disciplines required.
- MBA or technology focused master's degree preferred.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is below. The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.
- Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $161k -$230k.
- Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $140k - $200k.
- Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $120k - $165k.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge