Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success. What you bring to the team
Provide technical System Administrative support for a large ScaleIO-RHEL Environment for a Global Financial services client
• RHEL Operating System Maintenance, OS-Patching, install and maintain security updates and patches for Audit/Compliance
• Monitor global SIO environment, Triage issues and escalate for timely resolution.
• Manage, troubleshoot and perform break-fix on HPE and Dell hardware.
• Change and incident management for alerts and planned activity .
• Provisioning storage based on clients requests.
• Assist in SIO-Build process.
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and SIO related issues.
• Monitor status of critical system services reporting performance and server health.
• At times work across multiple time zones and infrastructure areas support teams to ensure high level of support service (while work is predominantly NAM time zone)
• Provide after-hours support for NAM and weekend support for monitoring and implementing weekend tasks.
• Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands;
• Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team;
• Minimum 5 years of experience with strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in: Linux operating system administration (Redhat, AIX, Solaris) with emphasis on Volume management. Knowledge on ScaleIO is an added advantage
• Up to date hands-on experience on RedHat is a must. AIX and/or Solaris experience is required. Could be used a while ago but candidate had to be proficient in these OSes.
• Understanding of differences between SAN and NAS storage: pros, cons, where fits better, when to use, when not recommended.
• Clustering solutions:
o Veritas Cluster, HACMP/PowerHA - hands on experience, Oracle RAC awareness and understanding - no hands-on experience required here but must know how to deal with it from the OS level.
• Proficient with SAN storage administration at the client level:
o Configuration of SAN storage at the OS level including Oracle ASM and Sybase RAW devices,
management of SAN storage using LVMs (Logical Volume Managers) like native OS LVMs and VxVM (Veritas Volume Manager),
o Multipathing software (native RedHat DeviceMapper, native AIX solution, EMC PowerPath, VxDMP),
o Migration of SAN storage, LUNs replacement. Preparation, requirements, online/offline methods, possible impact for applications
o Understanding of SAN storage protection: snapshots, replication synchronous/asynchronous,
analysis of SAN performance issues
o Troubleshooting of SAN related issues at the client level. Strong understanding of SAN network and storage arrays concepts. RAID, LUN, masking, SAN zoning, HBAs, FC ports, cabling, flash storage. Hands-on experience not required here but must know what it is, what for, what provides, how affects clients which are using SAN storage.
• Knowledge of Veritas product suite including Volume Manager and Cluster Server;
• Knowledge and understanding of naming services such as Active Directory/LDAP/CentrifyDC;
• Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Able to work remotely as required;
• Prior experience in large scale enterprise infrastructure support
• Experience in Infrastructure Support Group in a high availability/mission critical environment;
• Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise;
• Experience of Linux Systems Administration to a certifiable level;
• Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving;
• Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment;
• Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative; communication, influencing and organizational skills are a must;
• Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time zones;
• Strong team player skills;
• Flexible and being able to manage time effectively;
• Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
• Fluent English.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge