Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
We are recruiting senior / principal Software Engineer with extensive cloud experience to work as part of the development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering. The role will involve being part of an agile scrum team of skilled/mixed-discipline engineers, understanding the required deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. you will play a key role in shaping the design, development, testing and integration for prioritized work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing, and implementing complex software while ensuring quality of the product remains high.
A successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering complex software that integrates with cloud services. They will also have an inquisitive mind, an openness to new ideas, an excellent attention to detail and an adaptability to change. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is being a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. What you bring to the team Responsibilities and Skills
Qualification & Skills
- Design, develop and integrate cloud solutions with our next gen file system.
- Participate in troubleshooting and fixing issues in cloud storage and cloud network environments.
- Design and develop cloud deployments via templating (CFT / ARM templates or 3 rd party equivalent)
- Design, develop and integrate with the cloud providers Marketplace listings for metered usage and BYOL scenarios.
- Develop code that is secure, scalable, and reliable, supported by unit tests, functional tests, and documentation.
- Required to participate in peer code reviews, triage incoming issues, and participate in all scrum activities.
- Continuously look to improve code and data performance.
- Point of contact as the Cloud Platform SME within Engineering
- 5-10+ years developing Linux based solutions or products using Python and shell scripting
- Proven track record developing and integrating automated IaaS operations.
- Subject Matter Expert level understanding of Azure / AWS storage and network architecture.
- Experience with CFT and ARM templates, or other equivalent tools, automating deployments.
- Familiar with Azure and AWS SDK and API's
- Experience with the technical requirements for Azure / AWS Marketplace listings
- Working experience with scale out storage systems (block/ file/ object) a plus
- Azure or AWS certification a plus
- Degree/ master's in computer science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge