Summary of the position:
The Product Lifecycle Manager, Aftermarket will be responsible for managing the aftermarket parts offering through initial NPD deployment to end of life obsolesce. Focused on developing go-to-market strategies that can be implemented across all parts groups and vertical markets to drive aftermarket revenue and growth through price setting and management. The role will coordinate with new equipment product team to ensure consistency of our aftermarket strategy, NPD product launches, parts setup and work cross functionally with aftermarket operations to ensure replenishments strategies. Product Lifecycle Manager, Aftermarket will serve as the technical subject matter expert.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead Aftermarket representative in all NPD programs. Categorizing, Pricing, and commercializing all components for aftermarket sales
- Develops strategies for NPI (New Product Introduction), inventory management, cost reduction, and services to maximize profitability, product supportability and optimization of the parts sale’s portfolio
- Assures product support and service engineering activities are appropriate to support customer and channel service for parts, service and warranty support and assures field knowledge is integrated into new product development
- Manages Online Ordering Platforms such as Smart Equip and similar ecommerce platforms
- Manages and implements aftermarket price adjustments for all sales channels
- Supports our sales organization, distribution channel and end users in training efforts about key competitive features and value proposition of OE product
- Manages parts obsolesce process, implementing and deploying strategies that will maximize profitability and deliver installed base support
- Lifecycle Solution Improvements- Including but not limited to contribute to service part reuse and rationalization, service efficiency and components improvement, to achieve lowest operating costs. Analyze portfolio for trends and recommendations.
- Provides lifecycle solutions to optimally release, manage and discontinue/rationalize service parts portfolio
- Partner with sales, supply, purchasing and other functions to ensure sales, profit and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Parts Inventory: Including but not limited to contribute to parts stocking level, service level gaps, back orders, low-volume, and non-current parts turns
- Work across a matrix organization with all process partners to ensure the critical aspects of the aftermarket business are managed and parts challenges are addressed. Create sales tools and collateral that supports brand message and emphasizes value differentiation
- Work closely with vendors/suppliers to identify new opportunities, source innovative new product and/or line extensions and be an expert in the competitive landscape
- Other activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or other technical discipline required or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of product management experience. Aftermarket service parts and consumables experience a plus
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and initiatives required.
- Ability to build relationships with, and informally influence external business partners to drive improved performance.
- Strong financial evaluation and analytical capabilities required with experience in SAP, Databases and BI Tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required; must be able to engage and communicate effectively with senior leaders.
- Strong grasp of MS Office suite required.
- Comfortable working in matrix organization and influencing at all levels of the organization a must.
- Experience with global business expansion and international product portfolios a plus
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.