Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
Hitachi Solutions provides high quality solutions with predictable delivery. We do this with clear process, standards, and an unrivaled commitment to quality. As a Modern Applications Solution Architect, you will be the lynchpin of our application development engagements.
Modern Applications Solution Architects lead client engagements from definition through delivery. You will collaborate with customers to scope the engagement, define requirements, turn those requirements into application design and architecture, create a delivery plan, and manage a team of developers and quality assurance engineers in delivering high quality applications.
Hitachi Solutions practices hands on leadership, so our Architect and Delivery leaders will be equally at home leading teams and writing software. Qualifications
Experience in one or more of:
- Single Page Application Development (e.g. Angular, React, Aurelia)
- Mobile Application Development
- Microsoft Azure
- Microservices Architecture
- IoT (Internet of Things) development
- .Net (C# preferred)
- One or more unit testing (examples: MS Test, NUnit) and mocking frameworks (examples: RhinoMocks, Moq, NSubstitute)
- One or more Dependency Injection frameworks (Unity, Castle Windsor, SimpleInjector, NInject)
- In depth knowledge of SQL Server/TSQL or other database technology but does not need to be an administrator.
- Application security
- Optional: Experience with Entity Framework or other ORM (Object Relational Mapping)
- Optional: Powershell
- Optional: Experience in SSO (single sign-on)/federated security
- At least one Microsoft Certification in a relevant discipline or able to obtain one within your first year (We will cover costs associated with obtaining and maintaining certification.)
Practices, Principles, Techniques:
- Application Security
- Agile/Scrum/XP (Extreme Programming)
- TDD (Test driven development)
- SOLID principles
- Unit Testing
- Understands and uses software patterns
- Optional: DevOps
- Azure Portal
- IaaS vs PaaS vs SaaS
- App Service
- Function App
- Data Lake Storage
- Blob Storage
- Azure SQL Server / SQL Database
- Logic Apps
- Key Vault
- Batch Accounts
- Understanding of Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Azure Active Directory
- Containers / Docker / Azure Container Registry (nice to have)
- Kubernetes (very nice to have)
- Very comfortable with Git and Pull Requests is a must
- CICD Pipelines
- Powershell / Bash / Python / Azure CLI
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) / Terraform / Azure Blueprints
- ARM Templates / Bicep
- DACPAC / Fluent Migrator or other automated database migration tools
- For Solution Architects, must be very comfortable doing backlog management, breaking down epics/features/user stories/tasks, writing acceptance criteria, planning and managing a sprint, etc.
- 10+ years of overall experience
- Extensive experience in defining, documenting, and delivering Application Design
- Extensive experience in Requirements Gathering
- Experience in presenting and selling Application Architecture to internal or external stakeholders or customers
- Extensive experience in managing delivery
- Experience mentoring others in development practices
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery environment
- Project planning experience
- Adoption of Agile methodologies
- Adoption of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Adoption of SOLID principles
- Assessing the current state of an organization, recommending change, and implementing it.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.#LI-CC1