Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to commercial & enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
We are currently looking for an experienced Account Manager with strong solution-selling capabilities and a high level of competence in identifying and developing sales opportunities to penetrate new commercial level prospects or to grow the footprint in an existing account base. Key responsibilities
What you bring to the team
- Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager, you will proactively create new business sales opportunities and grow existing Hitachi Vantara accounts.
- As a core member of the sales team, you will be responsible for a dedicated set of commercial accounts, both existing and prospective target accounts.
- You will own a Territory sales quota and will be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Focus on developing Accounts and acquiring new business within an indirect sales approach with a direct touch
- Using your initiative and solution-selling experience, you will build relationships at a senior business level in order to identify customer pain points and gauge the extent to which the Hitachi Vantara portfolio represents sound resolutions to these business challenges.
- Based on your thorough understanding of customer requirements, you will highlight relevant offerings from the Hitachi Vantara portfolio to IT and business departments, ultimately developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Understanding and tracking the clients' total IT spend on Hitachi Vantara and competitor solutions.
- Engaging with pre-sales, partner account managers, professional services and senior management as necessary to articulate the solution to the existing or prospective customer.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts.
- Maintaining knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and an in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy, with the ability to help the customer make future technology decisions.
- University degree from a recognized institution is ideal, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Experience should be in line with the Hitachi Vantara internal grade identified for the role.
- Demonstrable experience of software solution-selling within major vendor, distributor or system integrator.
- Good knowledge of the IT data solutions market and particularly storage/ infrastructure economics.
- Show us that you have a consistent track record of sales achievement in high value orders within the new business or account management environment.
- Capability to lead virtual teams within a matrix organisation.
- You should be a self-motivated professional who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager.
- Ability to act as a consultant and expert, attracting interest in Hitachi Vantara solutions and services by combining sales with the delivery of intellectual knowledge.
- Continuously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends including environmental and competitive influencing forces.
- Act as a customer advocate, showing empathy with their challenges and issues and creating plans to address their needs.
- Ability to probe, listen, qualify and resolve concerns or obstacles to a sale in a logical fashion, emphasising the Hitachi Vantara solutions that will deliver maximum benefit.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills, fluent in English and German
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge