We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst with a background in the Consulting/Services industry (Big 4 or similar) to join our Global Consulting Practice.
This is a team of management consultants that help our customers through the upfront strategy formulation and design of client-centric solutions. Our main goal is to solve complex business problems for our clients using the pull-through of Hitachi IP, solutions and services.
We are innovative, outcome focused and passionate about providing value resolving the most complex digital obstacles and issues. We are a highly professional, focused and inclusive team, who operate in a flat hierarchy, where everyone has a voice and is involved in creating the success of our practice. This is the team you we all have the opportunity to develop ourselves to the best of your abilities, whilst working on industry leading customer engagements
You will be required to undertake a wide range of activities including running workshops to elicit service and solution requirements (incorporating techniques and approaches such as Design Thinking), undertaking customer experience journey mapping and helping to define new business and operating models. In addition, you may be required to support the design and execution of Change Management approaches working closely with industry specific professionals to ensure successful adoption of solutions.
You will be skilled in analysing data, documenting requirements, developing business cases and creating findings/recommendations. You will be experienced in facilitating workshops to identify and define user requirements for projects related to digital solutions, systems, finance, strategic planning and other functions.
You will also be familiar with and have experience in a range of project delivery methodologies such as waterfall and agile.Responsibilities/Skills/Expectations
- Possess knowledge required to solve a variety of common and complex business/technical issues.
- Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Possesses an innovative mindset to create new options and challenge the status quo.
- Knowledge of how digital solutions and capability can solve business problems.
- Works on problems of moderately complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Applies a user-centric, design-thinking approach to analysis and design activities.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile delivery methods (such as SAFe).
- Understanding of Operational Excellence and Lean Process techniques.
- Exercises independent judgement within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Receives little instruction on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- Produces high-quality client deliverables, suitable for consumption at board level.
- Is a self-starter and is constantly looking to develop their own skills and knowledge.
- Strong collaboration skills, working in a team environment and across large and complex organizations
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts without a reliance on jargon and to all levels of audience.
- Understanding of one (or more) of the Hitachi's priority industries, e.g., Industrials, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Automotive, Food and Beverage, Life Sciences, Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, TMT, Financial Services.
- Highly desirable; Meaningful prior work experience at one of the following: driving digital transformation within Consulting or Services Tier 1 or Tier 2 company; cloud service providers and software companies.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, plus additional European languages useful.
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Willing to travel.
- Sustainability or Operational Excellence experience desired.
- Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
- We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge