Job ID: R0016956
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2023
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi Asia Ltd. (Philippines Branch)
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of turnkey rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, operation, service and maintenance, digital technology and turnkey with a presence in 38 countries, across 11 manufacturing sites on three continents and over 12,000 employees. Hitachi Rail is headquartered in London, UK and is ultimately wholly owned by Hitachi Ltd. Our engineering heritage and culture is rooted in Japan, where our first steam and electric locomotives were built in the early 1920s. We continue to deliver the most current Shinkansen for Japan’s railways, and have successfully exported our technology and expertise to multiple rolling stock projects across the globe - from high speed, tram and metro, to driverless technologies for passengers and freight.
In recent times, our global footprint outside of Japan has been established primarily on organic expansion in the UK. Recent acquisitions in Italy and beyond have cemented our digital growth, which has diversified revenue and added capability in signalling and turnkey in particular. We are ambitious and continue to seek to expand into new key geographies and to deliver new solutions. Drawing on the wider Hitachi Group’s market-leading technology capabilities and R&D, we strive for industry leading innovations able to deliver value for customers and help build sustainable railway systems which benefit wider society.
Overall System Engineering in turnkey projects, in order to meet the requirements imposed by the various contracts either for the Tender and Backlog Projects.
With reference to Overall System Engineering in turnkey projects.
- Ensure the identification, management and fulfilment of the System and Functional Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing).
- Ensure the identification and management of the project Interfaces among the subsystems and external interfaces according to the project scope of work.
- Ensure the delivery of the System Engineering technical documents of the project on time, on budget, on quality and the execution of the Verification activities of System integration documents, according to the V&V Plan .
- Ensure the proposal of improvements and updates of the design standards in accordance in accordance with process and technology improvements.
- Support the implementation of the adequate and effective technical solution (e.g. interfaces with customer).
- Ensure the execution of the System Engineering studies for the project (fleet sizing calculation, Operational Scenario issue).
- Ensure the timely and effective performance of System Integration tests.
- KPI trends of the projects about Design, Commissioning (related to System Integration activities), Requirements Management & Development, Interface Management.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
- From 3 up to 5 years of Transportation System Engineering expertise.
- Value Creation, market and customer orientation.
- Excellence in achieving assigned objectives and human capital development.
- Business awareness, collaboration and international development.
- Innovation and Change Management