Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Control System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Piossasco (TO), Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Assure the design and commissioning of the assigned portion of Security and Control systems technologies in order to comply with contractual requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for the Tender and Backlog Projects.
- Design and commissioning of the PSD technologies (are electromechanical automatic system) in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for an assigned Tender and Backlog Project.
- Budgetting the effort requested (man-hours) for carrying out own activities in a project
- Analysis of specifications and contracts to collect and detail requirements to be passed to PSDS/ODS Manufacturers (Sub-Contractors)
- Assessment of PSDS/ODS technical proposal documentation
- Leading the design of PSDS/ODS through
- identification of documentation needed per International Standards (e.g. EN 50128)
- identification and involvement of representatives from other departments of the Company, as needed to accomplish assigned technical tasks
- monitoring of compliance with requirements/standards/norms throughout the project life-cycle
- assessment of document technical quality, consistency and completeness
- definition of interface data to be passed to external parties and set-up of correct relationships to accomplish technical interface tasks
- submission and presentation of design contents, as well as activity progress in general, to other parties
- Carry out PSDS/ODS Factory and Site Test procedures
- Ensure that the test and commissioning documents (forms, reports, etc.) are duly prepared/collected and submitted in the proper format and with expected level of content and quality
- Manage and lead the assigned resources, including Sub-Contractor representatives, in order to accomplish the project targets in due time
- Participate in all factory, site, interface, integrated (or other kind of) tests which directly or indirectly involve PSDS/ODS
- Perform a first level of troubleshooting on the assigned systems in case of technical issues
- Ensure that the Health & Safety regulations are applied
Required Skills & Experience
- Good attitude to relationship with other people, also from abroad
- Capacity of working in international, dynamic and multi-site environment while possibly addressing concurrent tasks
- Willingness to travel all over the world for periods of medium duration
- Ability to manage human resources as well as to budget, schedule and organize activities which involve multiple actors and stakeholders. This is especially referred to ‘turn-key’ projects, i.e. the ones where the product (PSDS/ODS) is bought, together with services needed, at a Sub-Contractor’s.
- Ability to prepare technical specifications and technical papers in general
- Fluent English language (speaking and writing)
- Good knowledge of Windows Office and basic knowledge of Autocad
- Familiarity with rules and standards of Design and Commissioning Process and Site activities in general
- Basic knowledge of RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) process and concepts
- Basic knowledge of electrical and relay circuits, mechanics and thermal phenomena, power distribution systems, grounding of metal structures, electronics, microcontroller programming, software coding, control of electrical motors, position and speed sensors, actuators, cabling techniques and cable specifications, communication protocols such as CAN bus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Modbus…
- Comprehension of civil and electrical drawings
- On site working (Health safety and environment).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of railway operations principles
- Knowledge of the typical overall architecture of a Transportation System, especially a Driverless Metro
- Knowledge of intrinsic and interface technical aspects of PSDS/ODS
- Knowledge of main standards/norms inherent to PSDS/ODS
- Familiarity with PSDS/ODS market solutions and providers
- Familiarity with electrical measurements and relevant tools
- Knowledge of EN 50126, IEC 61508, EN 50128 and main standards relevant to PSDS/ODS
- Troubleshooting skills (especially in the electrical or information technology field) highly desirable
- Proficience in ladder logics PLC programming, especially in the Rockwell Studio 5000 environment
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of Intrusion and Access Control System, perimeter intrusion detection System, integration with Fire Detection System or SCADA System, integration with CCTV, user access permission configuration, biometric identification
Education & Experience
As minimum Master degree , in descending order, Automation, Electronic, Electrical Engineering or Computer/Information Science.
Fluent in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail