Meet our team
The Hitachi Vantara / Cisco alliance is a key part of our growth plans for FY23 and beyond. A key element of the technical sales effort is our Global Solutions team. They are an experienced, dedicated technical solutions group that has a focus on promoting our Cisco/Hitachi portfolio to existing and new clients across industries, both directly and through our alliance and partner teams. They collaborate as part of the Global "Technical Expert" team and cross-functionally to build deep, lasting relationships and to passionately articulate the Hitachi / Cisco joint value proposition Job Overview:
The Global Solution Lead (GSL) role is a highly skilled, technical sales professional responsible for providing enterprise storage (File/NAS) platform design on high value opportunities across our EMEA business. The GSL works closely with Sales and Technical Sales account teams and partners to develop compelling solutions and proposals through a consultative approach to understanding customer requirements. They use their mix of outstanding interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation) and technical expertise to take the lead in customer conversations.
In addition to the technical sales responsibility, the GSL also has a role with our Product Management group, feeding back on customer requirements, market trends, competitor solutions, new/complimentary/competitive technologies. They will also play a part in the enablement and education of our partner community too. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Working closely with regional sales teams, solution consultants, partner managers and our Alliance team to positively contribute with the goal of driving customer engagement and revenues
- Delivering value into sales, pre-sales and partner teams to generate demand and create positive forward momentum for virtualisation, cloud and converged opportunities through to close
- 30% of your time will be spent collaborating with our internal teams, partners and customers/prospects in UK and 70% focused on collaborating with the same ecosystem across EMEA
- Demonstrating deep market knowledge and specialist technical capabilities in the CISCO Infrastructure, Virtualisation, Converged and Cloud solution architectures.
- Enable, promote and grow the CISCO MDS Product portfolio. Co-designing Industry Engineered solutions that include, integrate and ultmitley drag MDS infrastructure and software products.
- Attending and actively participating in sales meetings, and demand generation activities including: seminars, trade shows and key partner events to promote the Hitachi Vantara solution set
- Planning and delivering Hitachi & CISCO sales, presales and partner enablement sessions in collaboration with the Global Solutions Leads and local teams with the goal of developing actionable, qualified pipeline
- A track record in the design of on-premises infrastructure architectures and configurations (Cisco UCS, Hitachi storage, Nexus, ACI, Intersight etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of virtualization technologies and configurations (VMware and more)
- A track record of success growing revenues with virtualized, cloud and converged solutions when collaborating with direct sales and key partners
- Outstanding communication skills with a methodical, structured mindset & the ability to deal with and cut through ambiguity
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.