is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Solution Lead to support new business across our Managed Services and Cloud Operations Solutions for our UK based, EMEA Technology & Solutions Office Team.
You will have significant pre-sales consulting, offering development, and commercial experience with skills across sales, presales, and client engagement. Your success is determined by your overall knowledge of Managed Services across a number of disciplines including Enterprise Application, Custom Applications, and Cloud/Infrastructure.
Your primary objective will be to provide solution leadership for new opportunities, either through acquisition of new business and/or through extension of scope with existing clients. Working closely with Sales and Industry Leads, you will assist the Managed Services Practice to position itself as a leader in providing managed application and infrastructure services. What you'll be doing:
Working with our Business Development teams, you will excel at developing and managing relationships/interfaces to client management and solution stakeholders:
- Act as the overall solution lead for new Managed Services opportunities, engaging support from the capability Practices, offshore delivery teams and liaising with key Client facing stakeholders to deliver effective end-to-end solutions.
- Provide overall responsibility for solution design, cost modelling and estimation.
- Producing compelling value propositions and customer solutions, throughout the sales lifecycle, owning the RFI/RFP response and client conversations / presentations as required up to contract signature.
- UK mobile and supporting the other EMEA regions, be able to support sales leads in CxO level client presentations and meetings, supporting the proposed technical solutions via high impact solution-shaping workshops and related commercial negotiations.
- Analyse customer business problems, elicit functional and non-functional requirements, and formulate actionable strategies to solve customer challenges by leveraging existing offerings or through the creation of new GTM offerings.
- Actively feed the latest market trends and technology advances back to the GTM offerings team, to ensure the Managed Service capabilities remain relevant and up to date.
- Ensuring Hitachi Vantara quality and efficiency practices are adhered to.
- Ensuring that responses maximize the re-use of standardised offerings and artefacts.
You will be an experienced pre-sales consultant with a proven track record of winning business and guiding clients through the entire client acquisition process:
You'll be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Strong Pre-Sales Solution / Enterprise Architect with significant experience of selling Managed Services across on-prem and multi-cloud, and ideally with a Managed Service / Service Integrator background.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, especially with senior level stakeholders.
- Experienced in building service models to support complex multi-tower solutions and possess a strong understanding of ITIL-based approaches.
- Strong technical awareness of Enterprise Applications (SAP/Oracle), SaaS solutions, and Public Cloud (Azure and AWS).
- Experience of building and demonstrating client value propositions, which combine technical and commercial components aligned to traditional outsourcing models and/or cloud based digital strategies.
- Experience mapping RFI/PQQ requirements to Services, Solutions, and Offerings.
- Ability to lead workshops designed to identify and gain client buy-in on high value strategic solutions.
- Ability to lead pursuit teams comprised of onshore and offshore resources.
- Proficient in assessing solution options (e.g. risk, performance/value, cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive recommendations based upon the assessment output.
- A strong team player who values the success of the team as highly as their own personal success.
- A passion for delivering first class client services.
- Takes pride in their work and their ability to add value to the client's business.
- Can work, communicate, and facilitate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Deliver true value add, yet retain a pragmatic approach.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa
- Harmony, Trust, Respect Makoto
- Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity Kaitakusha-Seishin
- Pioneering Spirit, Challenge