Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
The Configuration Strategist provides pre-sales configuration support within a Global Deal Desk (GDD) configuration team for direct and T1/T2 indirect business in APAC. Maintains an expert level knowledge of HITACHI VANTARA solutions and technical configuration requirements to satisfy customer needs. Works closely with field sales and other GDD personnel (Pricing Strategists, PMO) to achieve responsiveness and configuration accuracy meeting agreed SLA's. May assume role of the Team Manager during specific situations.
• First port of call for configuration of quotes at request of the field.
• Responsible for solution configuration within HITACHI VANTARA' Quoting systems (e.g. SalesForce & CPQ) while meeting configuration responsiveness and accuracy SLA's.
• Maintain expert level knowledge of HITACHI VANTARA solutions, product components and configuration requirements.
• Assist with the early adoption of new product technologies by including solution components within configurations whenever applicable.
• Communicate impact and performance characteristics of configuration to field sales.
• Work with field sales personnel to proactively identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions to increase field sales productivity.
• Maintain technical competence and awareness of market developments.
• Maintain inventory awareness and advise projected lead times to sales teams.
• Proactively communicate with field sales to uncover changing business needs, opportunities, or issues of concern.
• Proactively communicate with other Configuration Strategists, Pricing Strategists and PMO to uncover changes in requirements and to distribute job related information.
• Maintain a close working relationship with all GDD personnel and other APAC HQ and Field Sales/DSG colleagues.
• Advise Team Manager on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity.
• Assume role of Team Manager in specific situations.
• May be chosen to act as Team Supervisor or to stand in for said supervisor during absences
Required skills and experiance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is preferred.
- 1~2 years of experience related to IT and data storage industry/technologies, supporting field sales personnels will have added advantage.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Learning through on-going training provided by the company and self-learning
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Language capability in English. Other languages also appreciated.
• Detail oriented
• Technically minded
• Continuous learner
• Courageous and decisive
• Dynamic and committed
• High level of integrity and ethics
• Problem solver
• Logical thinker
• Business and change leader
• Customer focused - internal and external Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge