Meet our Team
We are the team that designs and delivers the Hitachi NAS range of enterprise-class products, delivering best-of-breed file management. We are also working on new products that take HNAS into a new world.
https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storageplatform.htmlWhat you'll be doing
We are recruiting a Senior IT Systems Administrator to work as part of the File Engineering software development team.
This role will focus on managing and developing the IT infrastructure and software tools the Engineering team relies on to develop our File Engineering products, e.g... Linux build machines/servers, Cisco switches, Palo Alto firewalls, VMWare, vCenter/vSphere, ESX and Active Directory. You will work closely with both the broader corporate IT function and with engineers to ensure that the environment we rely on runs effectively and securely.
You will also have responsibility for the integration between sourced and internally developed tools, which are used by engineering to enable us to handle the resolution of customer issues.What you bring to the team
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable with both Linux system administration and network infrastructure. With the experience, motivation and communication skills to Technically Lead the team.
Responsibilities will include:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Updating of legacy systems to modern standards
- Ensure the smooth and secure running of File Engineering's IT infrastructure and development environment
- Work / liaise with teams and departments inside and outside of File Engineering (e.g. DevSecOps, Corporate IT, IT security) - in order to ensure compliance with corporate standards
- Take ownership for driving forward the technologies and technically leading the department
- Advance security best practices within File Engineering
- Develop and/or source internal applications as required by the engineering teams to develop our products and resolve customer issues
- Significant administrative experience with Linux operating systems
- L2 /L3 network, switching and routing troubleshooting experience
- IT Systems troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of shell scripting
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Ability to provide IT Systems technical leadership
- Ability to work in a team and interact enthusiastically with others
- Self-starter, love of learning, inquisitive mind, openness to new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail and adaptability to change
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by
unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active
Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and
you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge