Meet The Team US REMOTE
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. What You Will Be Doing
Reporting to the Global Legal Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, the Senior Employment Counsel is responsible for assisting Hitachi Vantara to achieve its business results through strategic advice, problem solving and risk-mitigation. Through strong business partnering, an in-depth understanding of the business and collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders at Hitachi Vantara, the role is responsible to deliver strategic legal advice on a broad range of employment related matters.
The role is also responsible for assisting in the management of legal work for employment related matters for Hitachi America Ltd (HAL) through a shared services arrangement with Hitachi Vantara.
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Provide strategic and creative legal and business-minded advice on human resources and employment-related issues covering the entire employee lifecycle from application to off-boarding including investigations, non-competes, performance, policies, terminations, and restructures-in-force, key employment documentation and benefit plans and policies.
- Defend employment related claims, including leading outside counsel in litigation, responding to administrative agencies, and directly negotiating settlement demands.
- Support and collaborate with key stakeholders across the business on complex legal matters related to human resources, employee relations or employment law, including organizational restructures, implementation of policies and training. Prepare, direct and conduct training programs on employee relations matters, including implementing any company-wide training requirements by Hitachi, Ltd.
- Advise and help to develop, amend or modify employment policies and procedures.
- Monitor legal developments and proactively participate in, influence, and own the outcomes of critical decision-making processes.
- Identify and mitigate legal risks and opportunities within the employment law area.
- Acts as a key subject matter expert in employment law on relevant steering committees and councils.
- Work collaboratively to build and maintain strong relationships with business and legal colleagues across the company.
- Manage the provision of HR legal support to related Hitachi entities in the US under shared services arrangements between Hitachi Vantara and those entities.
- 10+ years of employment law experience, including significant experience in California and Canadian law, preferably in an in-house, large corporate environment. International experience is strongly preferred.
- JD with membership in at least one state bar.
- Ability to maintain employment law expertise and monitoring the continually changing landscape.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong business/corporate organizational insight. An individual who is team-oriented and can work with a range of internal and external business and legal professionals, manage multiple priorities and projects with firm deadlines, and influence cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High integrity.
- A business-oriented, practical risk and balanced approach is required.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $161,000 -$230,000
Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $140,000 - $200,000
Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $116,000 - $165,000
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge