Hitachi Energy is seeking for a C&C Subcontracting Manager for it's Raleigh, NC location.
- The primary responsibility of the Construction & Commissioning (C&C) Subcontracting Manager is to develop and to implement an effective subcontracting strategy for projects assigned to him, this in collaboration with the HVDC Supply Chain Management (SCM).
- The C&C Subcontracting Manager must ensure the most suitable and cost-effective selection of subcontractors for the performance of respective Site Works within the C&C Scope. Such activities are to be completed in accordance with Project specifications & guidelines, such as: HSE, Quality, Schedule, Communication, Reporting, Payment, T&C,
- Support / collaborate with SCM during the prequalification of companies selected as potential Subcontractors for Execution of Site Works. Ensure that the subcontracting process is planned and executed in accordance with the requirements of the project schedule.
- Ensure contracts are placed within budget. Seek clarification from tendering team as needed and provide detailed feedback on deviations to tendering team.
- Ensure that the subcontract work scope is clearly defined and reflected within the relevant contract documents.
- Ensure that all the subcontract documentation is comprehensive, accurate and developed in accordance with the project and head contract requirements
- Achieve the best possible result in terms of cost and time effectiveness and value added for HVDC during contract negotiations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of priced proposals.
- Ensure that the HVDC’s subcontracting process is followed at all times by all involved project stakeholders Conduct all works in accordance with HVDC’s Code of Ethics.
- Support tendering activities during tender project development.
- Lead the subcontract strategy meetings.
- Support SCM in preparing the prequalification documentation Preparation of the enquiry documentation.
- Preparation of the subcontract documentation.
- Thoroughly check all documentation to avoid any errors or scope gaps which may lead to any variation orders or claims.
- Lead/Chair the technical clarification meetings.
- Prepare a bid tabulation and analyze bidders offers.
- Lead the contract negotiations with the bidders. Ensure recording of the minutes of meeting.
- Issue the award recommendation. Prepare and handover the contract documentation for execution to the Site Contracts Manager.
- Support the Site Contract Manager on commercial issues and provide advice on claims when requested. Lead all technical parts of contracting matters for Site-Works within the assigned projects.
- Specify requirements for “Technical documentation bid package” with respective Engineering. Request technical assistance from the C&C Technology & Productivity Group in the subcontracting process.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor or master-degree in a technical discipline, preferably Civil Engineering.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Administration
- About 10 Years of experience working in HVDC Construction and/or similar Business Experience working at Construction Sites within HVDC and/or similar construction industry.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of multidiscipline scopes of work Planning and organizational skills Commercial and legal knowledge.
- Understanding of risks identification and mitigations Maintains a global perspective and thinking.
- Able to be an integral part of a team Able to think strategically, creative and innovative Achievement and goal orientated Ability to act independently international working experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.