Hitachi Energy is seeking a Senior Project Engineer for a local assignment in Albany, New York. This role is responsible for providing technical support and service to our customers. This role also involves understanding and documenting customer-reported issues, taking ownership, researching, and resolving issues, as well as guiding customers on system usage and general inquiries.
- Provide consultation, diagnosis, escalation, status-reporting, and resolution implementation to reported problems
- Investigate issues and defects at a detailed level to determine appropriate method of resolution; identify workarounds; provide information to developers to easily replicate issues and fix software defects
- On-call support for critical issues affecting customer production systems
- Respond to client inquiries concerning systems usage and operations
- Provide technical support and advice for implementation of software fixes/upgrades
- Coordinate installations of upgrades and revisions to software with customers
- Identify and implement tools to assist in supporting the technical support team and the customer
- Identify areas for improvement and implement initiatives to improve customer service efficiency and effectiveness
- Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction through the excellent customer support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and a minimum 8 years of experience in a technical customer support capacity.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi in the United States
- Experience with Power Systems Network Modeling, Network Topological Analysis, Power Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimator, Security Constrained Unit Commitment, Economic Dispatch, Linear and Non-Linear Programming (Optimization) and Numerical Methods.
- Familiarity with mathematical modeling tools (AMPL/AIMMS) and optimization solvers (CPLEX and Gurobi)
- Experience developing power system application software for Electricity Market
- Experience with multi-threading, high performance, memory intensive analytical applications.
- Strong demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities with a proven ability or the ability to learn software troubleshooting and diagnosis skills
- Demonstrated programming skills in high performance, high programming level languages such as FORTRAN or C/C++. Formal classroom education in Data Structures and Databases is desirable as is work experience on a Unix or Linux OS environment.
- Well-developed written and verbal skills
- Positive and proactive personality with a desire for providing excellent customer service and support
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.