For our research center in Krakow/Poland we are looking for a Researcher with expertise in the field of Power System Protection. You will join a dynamic, motivated and creative team with a broad range of experience and competences. As part of our team you will combine theory with practice, creating, testing and validating new technologies to enable the energy transition.
- Propose, contribute to and lead research and development projects creating and deploying new algorithms and methodologies for the next generations of products and systems for power grids, green energy and related fields
- Collaborate with a global team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy Research and Hitachi Energy business units to identify and solve real-world challenges for our customers
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art power systems technologies in particular related to digital protective relay (IED) applications, substation equipment and solutions dedicated to electric power system protection and automation
- Propose and work on ideas and concepts of new power system protection approaches with business impact, turn them into prototypes and verify them
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise
- Collaborate with local and global external partners including universities, startups and vendors
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
- Masters or PhD degree or equivalent industrial experience in Electrical Engineering, Control and Automation, or any related field
- Experience with modeling and numerical simulation software e.g. any of MATLAB/Simulink, PSCAD, ATP, PowerFactory or similar;
- Experience in applying digital signal processing techniques (e.g. spectral analysis, filter design)
- Willingness to take an interdisciplinary approach, working with experts from different domains to design and implement feature extraction approaches.
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
In addition the following skills would be beneficial for the role:
- Knowledge and experience spanning multiple disciplines (e.g., electrical, mechanical, control, statistics and efficient numerical algorithm design) especially those related to power systems beneficial
- Experience with data analytics, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence technologies beneficial