Do you want to be part of the exciting journey of the energy transition? At Hitachi Energy we are advancing a sustainable energy future for all.
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Lead Contract Manager (f/m/d) for our HVDC project business.
HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) is a product group in Hitachi Energy, which develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables e.g. for the connection of offshore wind farms.
With your analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of contract management in the assigned project. You as key interface partner proactively support project execution and are involved in the preparation of flow-downs and of subcontracts/purchase orders. You will be ensuring that contract management activities are timely and accurately executed protecting Hitachi Energy’s interests throughout the project lifecycle.
We are interested to learn more about you and what you can contribute with so don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements. A team with great cooperation and diverse backgrounds, sparring partners, are waiting for you to join.
While you will be based in Mannheim, Germany, we are offering hybrid home office solutions!
- You are a reliable partner, when it comes to the day-to-day contract administration and a member of the project core team. Together with the project team, you analyze the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlight areas of opportunity and potential risks. You provide guidance and leadership and create sensitivity on contract-related matters to cross-functional project team members.
- As part of the project team, you are ensuring timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in the portfolio of contracts / subcontracts (e.g., claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, insurance requirements, etc.). Developing and implementing risk mitigation and opportunity plans in collaboration with relevant stakeholders is part of your responsibility.
- You establish and enforce standard methodologies in your portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes / claims (passive/active) coming from / towards third parties. You are a key partner for the analysis of crucial flow-down provisions and the preparation of subcontracts/purchase orders.
- Together with project management, you develop a contract strategy based on Hitachi Energy’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall executing strategy considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule. You are an essential part of the negotiations during project execution and develop negotiation strategies together with the relevant stakeholders.
- You seek advice from Legal, the related insurance responsible and other key functions to draft, negotiate and finalize agreements during the project execution phases. You liaise with Legal to report major claims and keep Legal updated on any critical development during project execution. You support Legal in handling dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- You are part of the closeout process and verify together with project management that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- You report to the regional Cluster Lead Contract Manager and the Project Manager of the assigned project. You ensure effective, regular and transparent communication with the business, line management, and other relevant functions.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Economics or (Business) Law.
- Working knowledge/hands-on experience on contracts executed under the German Law.
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak and negotiate in German and English.
- Preferably 5-10 years or more hands-on experience in the EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) project-based environment within Contract Management and Subcontract Management functions (with emphasis on civil and electrical installations interfaces).
- Demonstrating successful experience in processing, managing and administrating varying sizes, types and complexity of contractual agreements during the execution and closing stages of projects lifecycles.
- Solid experience in project’s change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface and negotiate with customers and subcontractors regarding all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Previous experience in the German power transmission/grid projects would be a plus.
- Willingness to travel as needed 10-20% and more to project status meetings, construction site and supplier locations. We are open to discuss family friendly set-ups.