For our Grid Integration business in Germany we are looking for an expert (f/m/d) for the function Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE). The focus of this role is to further develop and support a strong HSE culture within our Grid Integration business in Germany. Together with your colleagues you will shape our safety culture and support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and provide qualified advice and very pro active support to the business units. Our flexible working models will help you optimize personal and business performance while creating an environment where all employees are empowered and can thrive.
- Further development and implementation of a strong HSE culture within the company, advising and supporting the specialist departments
- Representing the HSE function in our projects from the bidding phase through project execution to handover to the customer
- Regular presence on site at our predominantly Germany-wide construction sites to ensure that legal, customer and Hitachi Energy specific HSE requirements are met in the projects (risk assessments, hazardous materials management, inspections, instructions, contractor management etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all HSE regulations applicable to the company.
- Participation in various Hitachi Energy HSE initiatives and procedures
- Organize and support audits, analyze results, derive and follow up actions
- Sustainable implementation of lessons learned together with the responsible departments
- University degree in engineering, environmental science or occupational health and safety and several years of HSE experience, preferably in large project organizations in the energy, construction, chemical or oil and gas sectors Knowledge and experience with ISO45001 & ISO14001.
- Training as an occupational safety specialist or SiGeKo desirable
- Experience with behavior-based occupational safety and culture change initiatives - desirable Safety Culture Ladder (SCL) experience.
- Experience in project and site management related to HSE
- Strong decision making and solution finding skills
- German and English fluently spoken and written
- High willingness to travel to our mainly Germany-wide construction sites (2-3 times/month)
- Open way of approaching people across all hierarchy levels - Communicative
- High degree of assertiveness
- Independent work - Constant willingness to take up HSE topics/improvement potentials and prepare them for agreement (processes, procedures, documentations, etc.)
- Confident use of Office365 incl. experience in the use of Power-BI (operation and creation of evaluations, dashboards, etc.)