The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind. We are looking for a Project Engineer whose responsibility is the software conceptual design, detailed design, testing and commissioning of the HVDC Control & Protection System. You will be part of Hitachi Energy in Beijing for HVDC business in China and, at the same time, part of the global HVDC engineering team of Hitachi Energy.
- You will support to HVDC Control & Protection System conceptual design from software design perspective.
- Detailed software design of HVDC Control & Protection System dedicated in one of the following areas: HVDC control, HVDC protection, SCM (Station Control & Monitoring).
- Competence/experience coverage of more than one area above will be considered as a plus. Detailed software function implementation with specific software design tools.
- You will conceptually design & software design documentation both for internal and external purposes.
- You will provide technical support to the hardware-in-the-loop tests of HVDC Control & Protection System (both in the company and the customer facility) from software perspective.
- Site installation support, commissioning, sub-system test and system test of HVDC Control & Protection System.
- Technical support to Marketing and Sales from software design perspective, especially the support to the tenders.
- Technical support to Customer Service from software design perspective including customer meetings, on-site fault analysis, customer trainings and maintenance outages, etc.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a degree deemed to be equivalent, with basic knowledge of electric power system. More than 5 years experiences in relevant fields will be considered as a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experiences in at least of one of the following areas: HVDC, Electric Power System Analysis, Protection Relays, Automatic Control Theory, Power System Simulation.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Site work experiences and/or the acceptance of engineering travels are preferred.
- Adequate communication skills for effective cooperation with colleagues, partners, customers and other necessary stakeholders.
- Willing to and capable of working with challenges, uncertainties and flexibilities.
- Understanding of deadlines, budgetary constraints to achieve on time and on quality delivery within the budget. Innovation spirit in your daily work for better and faster delivery.
- Collaboration awareness based on trust to present ideas and solutions to colleagues, partners, customers and other necessary stakeholders.
- Working experiences with the followings will be considered as a plus: Actual coding experiences for DSP, FPGA, DRTOS (INTime, for example), Windows, Linux or Unix, PSCAD, Matlab, or any other simulation software available for electric power system and control system, RTDS, Hypersim, or any other electric power system simulators, HMI/SCADA application e.g., InTouch, Database application e.g., SQL. Knowledge and/or experiences in HVDC control and protection will be considered as a plus.
- Accept short-term or long-term international mobilization.